Jun 5, 2015

Journal Pages for the Documented Life

Journal Page Collage
The Documented Life by Sew Paper Paint
TDL
This year I started the Documented Life journal series, following Roben-Marie Smith.  She has been a favorite artist for so many  years.  I am wild about her crazy abandon play and very organic style of composition.
Journal Page 1
 From the beginning I wanted my journal to be a reflection of what God was revealing to me.  It was difficult for me to chose a premade journal, so I created my pages from old X-ray files that my friend Carol had salvaged from a former job.  So I cut them down to size (8x10") and left the tops open to store study notes or personal ephemera.  Later I will bind the pages into a book.  I love the flexibility of working with the pages flat.
Journal Page 2
 The plant is from a stencil I made from X-ray film.  I have the positive and negative and use it a lot in my work.  I love making my own stencils.  I simply use scissors to cut out the images.
Journal Page 3
 Here I've applied mod podge to a small section and let it get tacky, then burnished a piece of book page over it, let it dry and peeled away the paper.  The handwriting is from a free book at a second hand store.  It is some sweet lady's Bible study notes from the book of Matthew.  LOVE!
Journal Page 4
 You can see the print from the folder through the layers of paint, gesso, stickers, and rub ons.
Journal Page 5
Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

oh I really like this ... all the textures, wonderful

Popular Posts