Jul 1, 2015

Believe in the Possibilities Tag

tag 1
I created this bee themed Believe in the Possibilities Tag for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, found HERE and for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge found HERE.  The challenge theme this go round was Summer.  Nothing says summer like bees flying all around, ey?
tag 2
The bee is an iconic Southern image, which in reality drives us crazy, but in print we adore!  How ironic!  To create the base for my tag I dry embossed a swirly pattern onto a tag with an embossing folder.  To emboss the entire tag, do the top, run through again on the bottom.  I sanded the embossed design lightly and then applied Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters, and Squeezed Lemonade randomly.  I used the same colors on a separate tag that I had glued some book page to, and then stamped the text in brown chalk ink.
tag 3
I stamped the bees, by Stampers Anonymous, onto Prima scrapbook paper and cut out with scalloped scissors and mounted to my small tag, then embellished with rhinestone stickers and twine.
tag 4
I layered the small tag over more Prima paper and a Tim Holtz lattice die.  Then I added the sticker and created a mini tag with leftovers.  I finished my tag with DIY tattered and dyed ribbon, tutorial HERE.  To create this loopy bow, run two sections of ribbon through and tie each bow individually.
tag 5
I'm linking with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and with MMMC, so wish me luck!  And don't forget to believe in life's possibilities...
SSS


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Such a fun tag! Love the green color! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE this tag ... my colors and the composition is just prefect ...

Unknown said...

Beautiful tag!! I love the colors and the textures - the white lattice jumped right out at me! And of course, I love the bees!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Donna B. said...

Awesome tag! I love the colors and textures. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Lynn K said...

Gorgeous tag! LOVE the colors and I especially love the ribbon! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Beautiful tag. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Popular Posts