Jul 31, 2015

No Ordinary Paper Stamping on Tea Bags

Card 1
 In case you are wondering, yes I am addicted to rubber stamps!  My lovely friend, Bonnie, saved these giant tea bags for me.  I decided they would be perfect for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - No Ordinary Paper.  I am going to give this card to Bonnie as a thank you for having us at her house to make our Cardboard Crush journals.
card 2
 The tea was removed from the bags and the bags left out in the sun to dry.
card 3
 I decided to try my new Distress embossing powders.  They are different!  But good color choices.  I colored the image with a watercolor brush and Aged Mahogany and Evergreen Bough Distress pads.
card 4
 I glued the tea bag to a piece of light brown cardstock, then crumpled and distressed the edges.
card 5
 I hot glued some vintage trim to the seam, between the two Authentique papers.  Aren't these drool worthy!!!
card 6
 Then I took the cut off of some Authentique paper, with this little sentiment and spritzed it with water and crumpled it up.
card 7
 Lastly I added some vintage seam binding and a DIY button brad, tutorial HERE.
card 8
 I've enjoyed making distressed cards lately and curling up the paper edges with a bone folder, similar to curling ribbon.
card 9
Here's my finished card, which I am linking to the SSS Monday Challenge Blog HERE.

4 comments:

Betty Wright said...

The effect is amazing! That is truly no ordinary paper! Lovely design and details!
Beautifully done!

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh....never would of thought about stamping on a tea bag...wow, looks amazing! Beautiful card !

Anna-Karin said...

How cool and it turned out so well. No ordinary paper for sure! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Another wonderful creation! I love idea of tea bag!
Ileanaxx

Popular Posts