Aug 3, 2015

Winged Things Card With Paper Ribbon Scrunching

card 1

I have been working a lot with butterflies lately, just that time of year I guess.  I created this card for a local card swap where we all make card kits and spend the day working on each other's cards.  FUN!  I needed a card that didn't take too much of any particular paper, so I pieced this beauty.

card 2

I layered strips of Authentique and Recollections (honeycomb) paper and accentuated it with my favorite technique, paper ribbon scrunching.  I shared this with the girls, who had never seen it before.  Everyone loved it!  It is the best way to use those long paper scraps that you can't use for dies and couldn't bear to part with.

card 4

I stamped the butterfly by Hero Arts and watercolored him with Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber (my favorite color ever!!!) Distress Inks.  Below is the detail of the paper ribbon scrunching.  Mist the paper with water and scrunch IN and do not flatten to create the look.  Thanks for coming by today!

card 6

I'm linking up to the Filly and Funkie Things With Wings Challenge HERE.

card 6

3 comments:

Anita in France said...

Lovely layers and texture, Autumn ... the delicate yellow with the background neutrals is gorgeous ... and what a beautiful butterfly! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comment! Anita :)

Cec said...

Love all the layers and the scrunched paper. Adding your butterfly to the label panel makes it pop even more. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Jenny Marples said...

What a great way to get texture into your beautiful card Autumn. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Popular Posts