Nov 15, 2015

Angelic Mixed Media Christmas Tag

tag 1

My week seven version of Linda's Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas tag, version 2.0.  I was enamored by Linda's gorgeous snowflake background and decided to give it another go.  I have one more idea and would like to do a third, but we'll see.  :)  I need to order some foil from her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

tag 2

 For my background I used Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone, and Vintage Photo Distress ink puddles.  Next, I embossed a variety of snowflake stamps in metallic aqua to try to get my colors similar to Linda's tag.  I thought the background was too dark, so I gave it a brushing of white Distress paint to tone it down.

tag 3

 I really loved the Wendi Vecchi stamp Linda used, but this old as the hills Stampers Anonymous stamp was the closest I could get.  I stamped it in Frayed Burlap.  It is the definition of art, but I wish it were a little more regal, but oh well.

tag 4

My friend had loaned me her snowflake rosette die and I decided to use it to duplicate the dimensional snowflakes on Linda's tag.  I love it!!!  I added a Martha Stewart snowflake punch from heavy vellum and a pearl.

tag 5

For my focal point I stamped this Stampington angel Walnut Stain DI and embossed in clear powder.  I went over it with white Distress paint to soften it.  I layered her over a doily die (MFT) cut from a used coffee filter and then over some burlap paper.  For my topper I attached a brad to some metallic twill ribbon.

If you'd like to see all of my 12 Tags of Christmas click HERE.

tag 6

I'm linking up with The Funkie Junkie for her 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, with Stamping with Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas linkup HERE, and with HLS for their November Mixed Media Tag challenge HERE.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

19 comments:

MaryH said...

Autumn, fantastic work on each of these tags! You definitely have the 'tag gene'. The background smooshing colors look great with the stamped & dimensional elements you've added. Each of these tags is just so doggoned beautiful. Great work! TFS

Loll said...

Hi Autumn. Your vintage style tag is gorgeous. Your layers of stamping, ink, gesso and embossing look amazing for the backdrop to your beautiful vintage angel panel. And love all the dimension from your pretty snowflakes. Thanks for sharing at my tag event.

Mimi said...

Awesome! Super-fab tag, MI amiga!

Tanja said...

love the embossing and all those beautiful layers - thanks for playing along at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

Pamellia said...

Wow, just gorgeous Autumn! That background is completely amazing, all those metallic snowflakes just made me melt! A wonderfully vintage and frosty card for the holidays! Love it! hugs :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love your great bg and the pretty snowflakes, Autumn!!!!! This is a work of art!!!! So beautiful!!!!

Linda Simmons said...

So lovely, Autumn! Very special tag.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my how beautiful this Angelic tag is Autumn, the image is so cute I love the embossing of the snowflakes and the wonderful base colour
hugs
lorraine x

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous tag!!!

Ammaris Art said...

So beautiful, so delicate, I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Such beautiful neutrals - vintage knockout!
Alison xx

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful collage stamping/designing Autumn! love your work!

sarascloset said...

Autumn, this is my favorite piece ever! Love that vintage, grungy background, and those delicate snowflakes you've embossed! Your snowflake rosettes are sa-weet! Hugs!

Unknown said...

I just had a quick look through your blog and I really love your work! Gorgeous! X

Susan said...

Wonderful mixed media! I love your tag and feel really inspired to keep on working on my mixed media skills. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Linda said...

This is beautiful, I love the vintage look to it. Thanks for playing along at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge. Linda xx

Elizabeth said...

Stunning! The burlap band is such a terrific contrast to the shiny embossed snowflakes in the background.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

That vintage Christmas image is so lovely and make such a great focal point for your gorgeous background. Love the way you use the burlap and doily too - such a nice rustic touch. Those gorgeous snowflake rosettes are the perfect finisher. So glad to have you along for another week of creating!

Hugs,
Linda

Jane said...

Gorgeous. I love the subtle colors on your background. It lets the snowflakes be the centerpiece and really show off.

Popular Posts