Aug 9, 2018

Distress Oxide 3D Botanical and Shadow Script Cards


As promised, I'm back with more projects I made from our girls weekend at the lake.  This pair of cards features the Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Texture Fade, which I inked with Distress Oxides.


I tried something new and mixed my Oxides with water in a pool on my kraft mat, then brushed them on like a wash.  I really loved how the oxidization settled in the ridges of the 3D folder.  For this one I used my most favorite color, Antique Mahogany with layers of Vintage Photo and Antique Linen.


You truly don't understand the magic of 3D embossing until you see it in person.  I'm totally in love with this folder!!!  I layered with an inky panel I stamped an image from the Illustrated Garden stamp set, also in Aged Mahogany.  I layered with dies from the Shadow Script #2 set and wrapped the panel with twine.



For my second card I followed the same process only switched to Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide, Iced Spruce and Antique Linen.


I've been nervous about using multiple Distress Oxide inks on the same stamp, but found that I had no contamination when going from light to dark, as I did with this image from Illustrated Garden.


I layered with a book page and omitted the burlap paper this time.  Thanks so much to my friend Bonnie for sharing these stamps with me.  I adore them!  I hope you're inspired to get inky!  Have an awesome day, Autumn

17 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely, stunningly Gorgeous!! Wow! These cards are just amazing- love how you rock the Oxides Autumn!
Jackie xo

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful cards and I love the way you brushed on your oxides! Those backgrounds are gorgeous!

Dorthe said...

They are both so gorgeous Autumn, so love the embossed backgrounds, and the beauty of how you mixed the oxides, simply stunning , dear . Hugs from me . xo

ann barnes said...

Autumn, these cards are gorgeous! I love the way the oxides settled and that aged mahogany is yummy! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Ann

Lisa said...

They are so stunning, Autumn!! Wow!! I love the gorgeous backgrounds!! The colors and textures are fabulous!! Love these!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

More gorgeous cards, Autumn! Love them!!
Hugs Donna xx

Mac Mable said...

Love the depth and 3D effect of the embossing folder. The colourways on both of your cars are stunning. Amazing cards, both of them x.

Susan said...

I've enjoyed seeing all your beautiful cards that you made on your girls' weekend. You got lots done!

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Autumn - love the 3-D backgrounds
Blessings
Maxine

Marty F said...

Beautiful cards, Autumn! Your inked panels are so pretty and colorful and I like how you had burlap on one and the torn page on the other. Beautiful results and seems pretty quick and easy (but doesn't look that way!). Hugs!!

Katie said...

Beautiful cards

Kate Yetter said...

These are so lovely, Autumn! I love the feminine touch and the color palette you chose for each one of these cards. You always make the most beautiful cards.
Kate

Craftyfield said...

Fab designs, Autumn! The soft colours are harmonious and let the embossing take pride of place, gorgeous!

Helen Gullett said...

They are so beautiful, Autumn. Great colors.

sarascloset said...

Love both of these cards, Autumn, but that Aged Mahogany is my fav! Those tones are so rich and a touch grungy. I like your technique of painting on the colors; I use my fingers because I'm too lazy to get up and get a brush. I've found the oxide pads are very forgiving. I rubbed mine over Distress crayons yesterday and thought oh, no! I've ruined my antique linen! But simply wipe it with a paper towel and you're good to go. What an inspiring set of cards! You are rocking the 3D embossing! Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

WOWWWWWW! Autumn, your color combinations are so rich and gorgeous! I love the embossing on each card, and your depth of colors. Amazing use of burlap and twine, and the white halo'ed "thanks" is beautiful against the pretty mauvy tones. Wonderful cards! Wishing you a fantastic week! hugs, de

Paper Wishes said...

Just beautiful cards. They really bring out the best in all the products you have used. x

Popular Posts