Aug 7, 2018

Tim Holtz Paper Cut Bird with 3D Botanical Card


Hello and happy August!  How quickly are the seasons changing and months passing this year!  I find it time to turn my thoughts toward fall themed cards with richer, earthier colors.  I had another play with the new Tim Holtz 3D Botanical Texture Fade.  This time I used Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and Distress Oxide, then dabbed my panel with my Versamark and embossed Copper EP randomly.  I was going for a rich patina effect.  


I rummaged through my products during several sittings and finally decided upon the Paper Cut Bird die as my focal image.  I sanded an entire sheet of gold Metallic Kraft Core and cut my bird, then a frame from the Stitched Rectangles set and a base panel.  I rubbed a teal glaze over the base to tint it so I would have enough contrast.  I absolutely LOVE this bird die cut out and framed this way and will be revisiting this idea in the future.


I finished with some purchased florals and a beautiful Metallic Quotations sticker.  It was hard to photograph, but I hope you can imagine the luster of the metallic embossing and papers.  Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day, Autumn

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

20 comments:

Beulah Bee said...

Lovely!

Marjut said...

Beautiful card!

scrappallino said...

Oh yes!!! I can imagine the brightness of this card and I love this!
The color Peacock Feathers is one of my favorites and used with Metallic Kraft Core stands out even more. Another beautiful card, my dear Autumn!
Hugs

Annie said...

What a beautiful card Autumn and I so love the rich opulent tones x The 3D die is fabulous and I have just received mine so looking forward to have a play x The die is perfect and your floral is the perfect finish x

TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Betty4 said...

This is just lovely! What a creation. What company is the die cut from? I am a bird fanatic.

ann barnes said...

This is stunning Autumn! I just love the colors and layers and the bird cut out is fabulous used this way! Awesome

Dorthe said...

So very , very beautiful, Autumn-
I love the die-cut bird and flower, it looks like a silver piece, so lovely onto the background and with your wonderful flowers .
Dorthe, xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Betty, thanks so much for all of your sweet comments. This bird die is by Tim Holtz, as is the embossing folder. <3 Hugs, Autumn

Lisa said...

Wow, this is amazing, Autumn!! The texture is gorgeous!! The patina effect is spectacular!! I love the colors and the layers!! It's absolutely stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Redanne said...

Just two words from me, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

Wow, Autumn! this is the prettiest I've seen yet using this folder! The bird looks amazing against the teal! Hugs!

Monika Gulyas said...

What a beautiful card, Autumn!!! I love your design and how you made it!!! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card - love the metallic accents and the way you have used the fabulous die cut as the framed feature.
Blessings
Maxine

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs Donna xx

Helen Wallace said...

A glorious card with the deeply embossed background and the lustrous colours. Love the whole thing, but the deep teal background is beyond gorgeous. Beautifully photographed too. "Sigh" I want to dash into my Craft room and start creating immediately! TFS

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my, this is so amazing Autumn!! I so adore that particular texture fade folder and wish I could get my hands on one! The colours you have used on this are spectacular and contrasts so beautifully with the metallic die cuts! STUNNING card!! hugs x

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful blues and bird Autumn!
Thank you so much for your reply! A genius to make up recipes as her goes, your sons friend!
Jackie xx

Marty F said...

This is stunning, Autumn! I do love the richness of the colored panel with the sporadic copper embossing - gorgeous results! It's so pretty the way you have it framed, too. Love this!! Hugs :-)

Donna Ellis said...

Love your denim look flowers, Autumn, and the rich blue tones that look antiqued, almost like copper! Beautifully done, and amazing embellishments! hugs, de

Paper Wishes said...

I love what you have done with the EP and distress inks on this background it looks amazing.

Popular Posts