Oct 28, 2018

Tim Holtz Woodslice and Wreath Stamped Christmas Cards



Hello friends!  I'm on my merry mission to make several sets of boxed Christmas cards for charity this season.  I realized I had never used the wood slice stamp from my cherished Tim Holtz Great Outdoors stamp set.  I've been having a blast using my stamp platform these days and thought it would be great to build a layered effect with this image.


I wanted my wood slice to resemble fresh cut pine, so I inked the image with Creamy Caramel (an older than dirt Stampin' Up pad) and did three impressions, misting lightly with water between stamping.  Next, I used a dark brown marker along the bark part of the image and did three more impressions, misting lightly with water between stamping.  I fussy cut my wood slices, then sponged with Black Soot lightly along the perimeter.  I dried these and wiped with an anti-static pouch.  Next, I carefully aligned the sentiment from Tim's new Festive Overlay stamp set onto a wood slice on my stamp platform and stamped with Fired Brick and quickly clear embossed. 


For my floral accents, I used the Festive Greens dies, Holiday Greens Mini dies and the Large Juniper Punch.  I used Tim's older Christmas Paper Stash along with kraft paper I stamped the Flurry (& Pine) with Picket Fence Distress Ink.


I'm so happy these stamps layered so beautifully!  They were made for each other!


Next, I decided to try the same effect with the wreath from the Tim Holtz Yuletide stamp set.  This time I used markers to color the wreath.  Here's a quick one-minute video of that process if you're interested.



I dried and fussy cut all of my wreaths, then carefully aligned the sentiment (Festive Overlay stamp set) onto a wreath on my stamp platform and stamped in Versamark and embossed in Princess Gold.  The backgrounds were stamped with the Plaid (& Nordic) stamp set using Picket Fence Distress Ink.  I spritzed the inked stamp with water before making the impression, then cut with the largest of Tim's Stitched Rectangles.  So simple, but oh so fun to make! 


Make sure to check out my giftcard box tutorial HERE.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 comments:

Marlies said...

All your Christmas cards look great Autumn. Very stylish and elegant. Love them! Marlies

Paper Wishes said...

Your wood slice looks great I love that rich vibrent red embossing. x

Helen Wallace said...

Gosh, I can't believe I'm the first one to comment! That's never happened before Autumn, you usually have a squillian people visiting to see your gorgeous work. Today is no exception and I've enjoyed you mini videos, as well as the beautiful finished products. I admire you making gift sets for charity - such a caring thing to do. x

Lin said...

Beautiful work, Autumn, I love both these designs! Makes me want to buy it all!

Dorthe said...

They are wonderful , - gorgeous stamping and the embossed text WOW. Beautiful cards, and thought of doing them, Autumn .
Hugs, Dorthe

Sue said...

What gorgeous cards Autumn, so beautifully stamped and put together. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Nora Noll said...

What STUNNING cards!!! I LOVE the wood cut one!!!

Katie said...

Stunning card

Susan said...

Amazing! Those wood slices look so real. Great cards!

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my Autumn you are so prolific in your designing and these are just divine. I love the colours, images and details. Great job xxx

Marty F said...

Just beautiful - love the sentiment on the wood slice. Very creative! Hugs :-)

Marjan said...

Your cards are marvelous, the boxes will be beautiful! I'm off to see your video, missed a lot because I have nog been blogging much lately.

Kate Yetter said...

Some more amazing and beautiful Christmas cards! I love that wood slice. And the wreath with the gold embossing is festive. I love these!
Kate

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous cards! I LOVE the wood slice one and that is so popular now!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Your cards are so beautiful Autumn!! I love the wood slices and the embossed sentiments look amazing! So generous of you to create boxed cards for Charity and they are really gorgeous!! hugs xx

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Amazing work :) xx

Linda S. said...

Hello Autumn, I saw your work on the Christmas Card post on the SSS blog. I clicked on your card because it looked so beautiful, and for about the last hour I have been enjoying your blog. I wanted to say "Thank-You" for creating the card-box files, and for making them available for us to print out. I made some shaker cards for the Christmas season, and was horrified at how the regular envelope looked after I stuffed the card inside. These boxes will solve that problem nicely, and I am very appreciative of all your efforts. -Linda

Linda S. said...

Whoa,...now I see that you were one of the winners of this SSS Contest. I am sending a big Congratulations. So happy for you, as your work is truly beautiful. - Linda

Popular Posts