Dec 2, 2018

Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed Christmas Coffee Card


Hi friends!  I'm totally enjoying myself crafting just for fun for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  Today I worked on this green/plaid design.  There were several mishaps along the way, but I tried to salvage the card as best as I could because I really loved the end design.  I used the Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed Bigz die, this time sponging with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  I splashed with water and lifted the droplets, then went overboard with the white gesso splatters and smeared part of the cup.  I had already glued everything together, so I tried to wipe it away...  :(  I ended up smearing the plaid in doing so and had to make a patch.  Seriously, that called for another cuppa coffee!  ;}


I love the yummy effect of this frozen latte!  I used Tim's Plaid (& Nordic) background stamp and Black Soot Distress Oxide for the background.


For the sentiment I used Tim's Shadow Script Christmas die over a strip of paper stamped with the Flurry (& Pine) stamp set.  For my floral spray I used the Juniper punch again and berries from the Funky Festive dies.  As a final touch I added a sentiment from the Occasions Small Talk stickers.



And here's a card I shared on Instagram yesterday.  My compututer's acting up so I won't go into details, but find that post HERE.




See all of my coffee cards HERE!

I'm sharing with:

Simon Says Stamp: Gift It (These are for coffee gift cards)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

26 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant cards, Autumn... I can't decide which I like best, but I think the takeaway cup just edges it - such lovely, bright, festive colours.
Alison x

~amy~ said...

autumn, these are gorgeous! Love that beautiful Frap cup!

Paper Profusion said...

Both are fabulous Autumn! I reckon the coffee has a dash of coke in it that comes straight from the famous Christmas coke add. Nicola x

StampingbugKerry said...

Such gorgeous cards Autumn! Love the splatters on the frappe cup and the colors on your second card seem to have just jumped right off of the cozy hop image. Love the threads, and veneers too. Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

Paula Cheney said...

Okay the cup with the green straw is magical!

Lisa said...

They're both so gorgeous!! I love the coffee cup on the first one!! It looks amazing!! The second is so beautiful!! The design is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Esther Asbury said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one! That drink looks so realistic (mess-ups and all!).

Billie A said...

Very pretty cards. I love the richness of the colors and awesome images. The splatters are awesome.. (I seem to get them everywhere when I try this) It's a great look and love your style.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Both of these are absolutely fabulous Autumn! Hugs,Chrisx

Mac Mable said...

Love the effect of the frozen latte on your first card and what a great save. Fabulous layout and mixed media elements on your second wonderful card x.

Nora Noll said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! I LOVE the first one with the straw. Your layering on each is amazing!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both so beautiful and well designed. I love all the splatters too.

Kath Stewart said...

love that cup with the green straw, makes this coffee lover's heart sing, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Susan said...

Both are lovely! The coffee cup looks so real!

Stacy Sheldon said...

Love the textures on the first card :)

Lori Kobular said...

Autumn I love both of your coffee cards, but the one that gave you so much trouble is gorgeous! I absolutely love the colors of the coffee in the cup along with that green straw and sprigs of holly!!

Brenda Brown said...

More delightful designs Autumn, I don’t know how you find time to eat or sleep lol xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

love these Autumn - the frozen coffee is stunning, and it was a great save!! I love that blue toned card!!
Blessings
Maxine

Hetty said...

So beautiful all the layers on both cards.
Both very different but yet both great.
Love the textures.

Laura S. said...

Wow, i tried to pick a favorite, but they are all exceptionally fabulous!

Marty F said...

Love both of these, Autumn, but that frozen latte is yummy-looking! Love your beautiful background and all of the splashes on the cup. The green straw is just perfect and so festive! Your coffee cards are always so fun to look at and read about. Hugs!

Fikreta said...

these cards are gorgeous!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my heart, Autumn...you make the sweetest cards.

Lisa said...

Wowza! Well, you already know I love the blue and then that yummy looking frappe!! SO awesome! Always love your layers and splatters and overall yumminess of your makes... whether or not there is actually food or drink on them...lol!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Christmas and coffee - great combination! We're getting a coffee maker as a family Christmas present - my son loves lattes and we want to make them just like the coffee shops!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Your creations were awesome for this hop! You kicked ASS!

Popular Posts