Jan 21, 2019

Tim Holtz Large Stems Floral Card



Hello friends, my card posts for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 release continue.  And Oh. My. Goodness!  I am just CRAZY over the new Large Stems Bigz L die.  I always am one to make larger projects, so the size of these lovely stems made my heart leap for joy, let alone that the die is a Bigz die and will cut so many substrates.  What fun!



I had in mind to use Distress Oxides to watercolor one of the blossoms.  I cut it from watercolor paper, then cut a second image from fun foam to layer for extra dimension.


I chose some of Tim's Paper Stash pages to build my layers, sponging with one of his stencils and Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I cut the window from the Stacked Baroque thinlet, then stitched my layers all together.


I used Shadow Script #2 as my sentiment.  This time of year thank you cards come in handy!  This card is such a soft design, but you could easily recreate with any of the three Large Stems images in a variety of colorways.  Have fun!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

12 comments:

SD pooja said...

It's a beautiful card !!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beauty Autumn - love your colours on this stunning card! your shading on the flower is amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Marjan said...

A gorgeous card with this lovely flowersilhouette, which you coloured beautifully with the Oxides!

Gio said...

This is so beautiful and elegant, Autumn!

sarascloset said...

Well,now I wish I had purchased this die! Fabulous card with this gorgeous flower; love your water coloring, my friend! This is such a breath of fresh air! Sending big hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely, Autumn!

Brenda Brown said...

A delightful card autumn, the large single stem is striking xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The DL is perfect for this long stem collection. Fabulous idea to layer the flower up, giving it more strength and statement. Using the Dox's as watercolour gives just the right amount of delicacy for these stunning cuts. Beautiful card Autumn.
HUgs TRacey xx

Redanne said...

It is certainly a beautiful die and you have used it perfectly Autumn - it really makes a statement! I love your card. Hugs, Anne xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

So very pretty! Love the stitching - I must put this die on my wish list!

Art By Wanda said...

I am so in love with this one!!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Really love this!! Chrisx

Popular Posts