May 21, 2020

AALL & Create Stamps Pop-up Mini Book


Hello friends!  The other night I had an idea to make an accordion book with pop-ups similar to a star book, but that could be displayed opened longways, accordion style.  I've worked out the measurements to share with you if you'd like to make your own version.


The neat part of this concept is the dimension and the ability to create windows, which I did with a simple circle punch.  You could definitely make it more elaborate with a variety of die cut windows.  But I used very large stamps by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create and wanted them to be the focus of each page, with the circles simply accenting the text in the background.


Again, this is me trying to step out of my comfort zone and embrace the rainbow.  LOL!  I hope to make another version in vintage tones in the future.


To make the fold, I scored a sheet of 11x14" bristol at 7" on the 14" side to make the piece small enough to fit in my paper cutter.  Then I cut it into two 5.5" long sections.  I scored both long pieces at 3.5" from each end and glued the two panels together overlapping one piece.


To make the center folds, I cut three panels to 4.25x6" and scored at 3" on the 6" side - AFTER stamping.  I glued these pieces with a tiny stream of wet adhesive on each side as shown below.


I made simple cardstock covers.  Everything was colored with a combination of Distress Inks and Oxides and highlighted with Zig markers.


And here is the front and back cover.  I'm just having so much fun making a variety of little books and enjoying my stamping.  Make sure to scroll back through the blog for the other books I've been working on.


Find these AALL & Create stamps
at Topflight Stamps today!
Use Code SEWPAPERPAINT for 12% off!






5 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Autumn, your book is so cute, great inspiration- I really want to try this :)

cheryltownley said...

Wow, this is amazing Autumn! Thanks for sharing all your hard work with the measurements.

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving this bright, rainbow concertina book Autumn - those smaller 'inserted' pages give a fabulous sense of dimension. A fabulous result with your amazing stamping on it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Manning Findley said...

Autumn such wonderful colors and images ... another winner ... and thanks for the how-to ...

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely gorgeous . Don’t those pop,up’s look fantastic, lovely idea . I also love the vibrancy of your colours too 😘😘😘

Popular Posts