Sep 29, 2021

Tim Holtz Farmhouse Aqua Pumpkins & Free Printable Fall Sentiments

 

Hi everyone!  I'm in full on fall cardmaking mode and I'm back to share a farmhouse inspired fall card made with the new Tim Holtz Pumpkin Patch Colorize dies and a fun freebie: a printable fall sentiment sheet.  Now, I'm not into Halloween, but I bought these dies because the base shape is such a great pumpkin image and I knew I could add my own dimensional touches.  

 

I coated each chipboard die cut pumpkin with a thick layer of crackle paste and used my awl to scribe ridges into the wet paste.  I let it crackle, then painted over it with Broken China Distress Paint, using a baby wipe to remove color in the middle to create highlights.  Then I sprayed them with Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide Spray, again blotting the centers.  Then I went over the ridges with watery Ground Espresso Stain Distress Ink, wiping away excess color, but letting it soak into the ridges.  I stained the stalks with more Ground Espresso.  I'm trying to work through my 5" stack of fall backgrounds I've made over the years, so I pulled one made with the Lumber 3D embossing folder.  It had layers of crackle paste and Distress Inks.  

 

I always have a hard time coming up with appropriate sentiments for my fall cards from the Tim Holtz products I have.  I almost always turn to old faithful, the Shadow Script #2 set, or more specifically the "thanks" die.  And then I've repeatedly wanted coordinating phrases to build on the thanks sentiment, and more specifically them to be brown to coordinate with my fall designs.  So I finally created a printable sheet of my own and am happy to share it with you.  These are similar to the Small Talk sentiment stickers.  I've added two sizes in black, brown and white so you can find one that fits just right into your designs and cutout lines to help guide you.  You can download the PDF HERE.  I layered the die cut thanks over a the Funky Wreath die and added a sentiment snippet from the free printable. I've shared loads of other freebies over the years so click HERE to see them all.

To finish the design, I dyed a variety of cuts from the Funky Foliage dies with Distress Inks in Weathered Wood, Ground Espresso, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Tea Stain.  I layered them along the base of the pumpkins.  This was such a fun card to assemble and I hope it makes you smile today! 

If you're looking for more autumn Tim Holtz cardmaking inspiration, make sure to check out THIS post, where I shared another aqua pumpkin card.

  

And a more recent post featuring several cards with the Leaf Fragments dies, which you can find HERE.   

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love the crackled look. And thanks for the word-sheet, much appreciated! Valerie

Lori Kobular said...

Autumn your blue pumpkins are gorgeous! I love your card all of your fall cards! They are all so beautiful!!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Fabulous! Classic Autumn - a real visual treat! xx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful Autumn art, I love those aqua pumpkins!
Thanks for the download Autumn.
Hugs,
Alison

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE the aqua pumpkins ... of course, we all know your work is awesome always but sometimes it really catches my breath ...

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card autumn - love all the texture from the crackle paint.
Thank you so very much for the freebie - this is one I will be able to use, even if we don't celebrate thanksgiving as such.
Like you I don't like/have anything to do with, halloween - which is gaining ground here as businesses promote it more and more aggressively :(
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Redanne said...

Autumn, I would never have thought to do these beautiful pumpkins in blue but it works! They are gorgeous and so is the card, I just love it. Hope all is good with you and that you are keeping safe and well. Hugs, Anne xxx

Marjan said...

Love your style, all cards are gorgeous!!

nwilliams6 said...

Love your blue pumpkins - especially the crackle and comforting country feel. Your Fall makes here are awesome. I love visitig your blog!!!! Hugz

Theresa said...

love the blue pumpkins. thanks for the sentiment sheets. I too have to make my own to get what I want. thanks as always for sharing.

Connie Mercer said...

Thank you for the awesome file. I love these word stripes!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. Love the crackling effect and the lovely blue pumpkin.

Popular Posts