Sep 22, 2021

Tim Holtz Leaf Fragments & Mica Spray Fall Cards

 

Hi friends and happy first day of autumn!  The autumnal equinox is one of my favorite days of the year and I like to have a family dinner out of doors with favorite fall foods, and a bonfire if we can manage.  Thinking about the coming fall, I've taken some time to play with the new Tim Holtz Leaf Fragments dies and am sharing a few cards with you today.  I hope you will enjoy them.

 
For my first card I paired the Tangled Twigs background die, the Postal dies and the largest leaf from Fragments.  I worked and worked at this card, trying to get just the right balance/contrast and am finally happy with it.  I used Tim's old Coredinations cardstock, sanded for the Twigs background.  I gave the finished card some splashes of Distress Mica Spray in Tarnished Brass to add a little shine. 

Next I decided to use reverse cut outs to make a shaker card.  I used a lot of backgrounds I made last year for these cards, something I'm trying to do more of.  Goodness knows I have enough backgrounds made to keep me going for ages.  LOL!  On this one I stamped leaves from the Nature's Wonder stamp set behind each opening and gave the panel a spritz of Distress Mica Spray in Antique Bronze.

I used the Funky Foliage dies for the little branch and the 1" Alphanumeric dies for the sentiment.  I went back and forth about adding more to the foreground, but left it simple.  I do wish I had stitched around the edge though...


The final card is probably my favorite.  Years ago I was playing with Sara Emily at the lake and sharing our supplies and used Tim's ornate stencil and Sara's spray Distress Inks to make a background panel, which I loved but never figured out how to use.  I was inspired by Bernadette Ball's embossed leaves, so I wondered if I could die cut the panel with texture paste already on it.  And it worked!  I was so happy!  I sponged the edges of each leaf with a blending brush and Walnut stain.  I layered over a crackled corrugated cardboard panel and another of the similar backgrounds I had made.  The sentiment came from the Pennants set, which I only bought for the sentiments. 

If you're looking for even more fall Tim Holtz cardmaking inspiration, I did a recap post HERE with lots of other fun ideas.  Wishing each of you a lovely season with lots of cozy times and crafty fun.  xx, Autumn

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Amazing artwork Autumn and your colours are just sheer perfection....awesome! x

Susan said...

These cards are gorgeous Autumn! I think my fav might be the last one too.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful Autumn cards! Enjoy the season with your family Autumn

Mac Mable said...

Autumn these are amaizng...so dimensional, textural, colourful and with fabulous inspiration.....Thank you x.
The fragment leaves look stunning, fun idea with the shaker card and I can see why the last one is your favourite but no favourites from me....I love them all x.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn. I have already seen some of these but thought I'd pop over for a better look. I am now feeling guilty as I have got the leaf stamps but been distracted with other things and not got round to using them so thanks for the reminder. Have a lovely creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Beautiful! I love the staging too!

nwilliams6 said...

I so want those leaf dies! You have brought them to life here. Some great creations, Autumn. Always a delight. Hugz

Ellie Knol said...

Hi Autumn, these cards are awesome.. I need that die :) !

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful Fall cards. I always love seeing your techniques.

Conniecrafter said...

They are all so lovely!

Theresa said...

beautiful cards. love the recap and that there is a mix or old and new products. opens the doors to creativity for sure. hope you do this kind of recap for winter cards. one of my favorite seasons to create in. thanks as always for sharing.

Popular Posts