Aug 4, 2022

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Faith Art Cardmaking

 

Hi dear friends!  I'm ever so happy to be a guest designer this month for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!  You can find the cards I shared last year as guest designer HERE.  I've been itching to play again.  

 

My first card trio features the gorgeous Long Stem Silhouettes Bundle.  This stamp and die set feature three gorgeous flower bunches.  I decided to use them like dried flowers.  I stamped my backgrounds with the flowers, then layered on a cut out version over over them.  I folded a paper doily over the top to add to the cottage feel.  

I splashed lots of watery ink and sponged the edges of each panel for interest, then stamped the scripture from the Singing Praises stamp set.  I thought it was perfect for hanging flowers because we all feel a little wilted at times and can trust in God to give us strength for each day.  I made three cards because it's good to have encouragement cards on hand, but doing three colorways made it more fun for me (who dislikes repetition). 


I decided to make another encouragement card and use the Long Stem Silhouette stamps in a different way.  I used a circle punch and torn paper to make masks for this inky scene.  I used the flowers along the bottom for foliage and stamped the eagle from the Woodland Scene Silhouettes stamp and a different scripture stamp from the Singing Praises set.  For the clouds, I used a water brush to lift some of the ink.  The highlights are from Posca paint pens. 


Next I had a little chalkboard fun with the INCREDIBLE Hymn Word Art stamp set.  This set has been on top of my wish list for ages.  I embossed in white on black CS and used a piece of chalk to create the chalkboard effect.  For my background, I  made an inky panel with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and stamped flowers from the Succulents set, even fussy cutting one as a focal element.  I layered with the Hearts & Stars Scallop Border Die cut pieces for contrast.  I look forward to sharing even more cards with you this month.  I hope these have been an encouragement.  Hugs, Autumn

Visit the Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps shop today!





4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards my faes are the floral ones. Have fun with the ne stamps. Hugs, Valerie

kiwimeskreations said...

Love, love, love these cards Autumn - you have really showcased the stamps beautifully. I think this month may be bad for my budget, it you keep showing masterpieces like these....
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

You sure do a great job of fussy cutting! Lovely cards - the doily really adds a nice touch.

buggin2stamp said...

I love every single one of these. So inspiring. Happy to see you guest design for my absolute favorite stamp company on the planet.

Popular Posts