Feb 7, 2023

Studio Light Moon Flower Grunge Galaxy Ticket Slimline Card


Hi friends!  I have slowly been collecting some older Studio Light products, especially the Grunge Cutting Dies.  I just love the elongated shape.  I picked up the Slimline Envelope Cutting Dies (SL-GR-CD27) so I could make coordinating envelopes for all of these uniquely sized cards - win win!  For today's card, I used the Grunge Slimline Ticket Cutting Dies (SL-GR-CD26) to cut my focal panel from Bristol.  

I used the OUT OF THIS WORLD! Moon Flower NR. 137 If Kisses Were Stars (SL-MFL-137) stamp to emboss the panel in white.  This stamp is HUGE and is such an amazing background.  I literally wish I could make a dozen different cards with it because it's just so cool and compelling to me.  I dipped the embossed panel into watery Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Black Soot for a dark and moody galaxy background.  I gave the panel lots of flecks of leftover inks once it was dry.  

I then stamped the Moon Flower NR. 134 Strophocactus Wittii stamp (SL-MFL-134) on another piece of Bristol and loosely watercolored around the flower, adding just a tiny bit of color to the actual image.  This let me fussy cut more widely the delicate image.  I added some fringe and cheesecloth and splashes of silver mica spray, then some fussy cut moons from the background stamp set.  I'll share a video on Instagram @sewpaperpaint if you'd like to see the details.  xx, Autumn







3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your card is lovely. I have quite a few Studio light stamps but am showing ignorance here as I didn't know they did die cuts as well! I am impressed that you have made matching envelopes too. Hugs Mrs A.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - autumn this is absolutely stunning - love both the background stamp and the flowers, and combined like this they are amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

This is gorgeous Autumn!

Popular Posts