Jun 8, 2023

Important Update: Studio Light Cards and Tags


Hi everyone!  I've been totally swamped with travel basketball and thought it was time to do a catchup blog post with projects I've shared on Instagram and haven't gotten around to blogging.  This will give you an opportunity to save these projects on Pinterest if you so desire.  ;0


Here I used the Studio Light Heart Pattern Mask (SL-ES-MASK175) creating a watercolor rainbow with Distress Inks and using the amazing Studio Light mini ink blending brushes to go over the background with a rainbow of hearts! I finished with a sentiment from the Lazy Days stamp set (BL-ES-STAMP462) and adhesive pearls by Jenine's Mindful Art (JMA).



Next, while I had those rainbow with Distress Inks on my kraft mat, I did a mop up, not worrying too much about how the inks blended. It turned out pretty funky! So I used the Heart Pattern Mask to emboss some neon pink hearts for contrast. Then I cut two sized circles and adhered them together to make a faux Minnie Mouse. 


I embossed a sentiment from the Lazy Days stamp set (BL-ES-STAMP462) over it and added a polka dot bow. To add to the grunginess, I stamped the Dots Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP370) randomly along the edges then splashed with watery gesso. FUN!



For this fun tag, I used the adorable new Flip Flops (Octopus) stamp (BL-ES-STAMP460) by Laurens Van Gurp for SL. I had a great time coloring him with my Zig brush markers. For my background I dipped an Art by Marlene mixed media tag into Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. Then I sponged white paint through the bubbles from the Seahorse Mask (SL-ES-MASK197) and outlined them with a black pen. I sponged Squeezed Lemonade through the ABM Mask (ABM-OOTW-MASK44) for sun rays and drew some white lines with a Uniball pen. 


I mounted the octopus over some cheesecloth and added a sentiment from the Lazy Days stamp set (BL-ES-STAMP462), combined with stickers from the Essentials Sticker Book (SL-ES-STIC06). Finally I stamped the Dots Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP370) randomly along the edges then splashed with watery gesso. I used a combination of ribbons at the top for a festive, party vibe.



This one is a favorite of mine.  I used the Seahorse Layered Mask (SL-ES-MASK197) and paired it with the Tropical stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP432) and the Lazy Days sentiment set (BL-ES-STAMP462). 


I love how the texture paste in the last layer of the stencil adds a pop of white!



I had some artsy friends over for a playday and made these sweet little treats for them using the Handbag Pillow Box die (SL-ES-CD498).  I used the Aged Wildflowers DIY Block (SL-ES-DCB45) and the Vintage Postcards DIY Block (SL-ES-MC02). The paper flowers are by JMA. 



The best part about these pillow boxes is that they can be regifted!




I snuck in some time to play with this amazingly gorgeous Script Strelitzia stamp by Jenine's Mindful Art for SL (JMA-FOF-STAMP420) and split up the pattern to make a 5x7" card. The sentiment is also from JMA Sentiments & Wishes (JMA-ES-STAMP340). I'm so glad I finally had some time to ink this beautiful stamp up! 



Here I was trying some different color combos with these fab shell stamps.  This one is from the Shell Bouquet stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP428), which comes with the most adorable bees too!  


I paired with a sentiment from the Bible Journaling stamp set by JMA (JMA-IP-STAMP278).  



For this card, I mixed up a little coastal grunge with the new Mixed Media Pad (SL-ES-MPP24). There are lots of blues and purples in this pad, but I went with the grunge! I paired with the Tropical (leaves) stamp set (SL-ES-STAMP432).


I used Studio Light's clear gloss glaze over the water and layered three of the focal elements for dimension and impact.




For this tag, I used the new Sunny Bees cutting dies (SL-ES-CD519).  I made a stencil with my castoff from die cutting and used the XL stencil tape.  



I paired the Lazy Days sentiment stamps (BL-ES-STAMP462) and the Grid Background stamp (SL-ES-STAMP371).


I enjoyed using Distress Glazes over my ink work to add some extra texture.



Finally, I finished my tag book from the Art by Marlene May Flower Challenge and posted a flip through HERE.  I shared a video tutorial for each tag on my YouTube channel HERE.  


I know this was a super long post, but hope you've enjoyed these projects.  Next up, I'll be sharing projects from the new Studio Light Grunge fall stamp release!  Just wait until you see these cool new products!  xx, Autumn


 

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what a lot of work Autumn - I had seen some of it on IG, and it's all as beautiful as ever!
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Just love the postcard!

Popular Posts