Jul 12, 2015

Watercolor Tea Handmade Tea Invitation

tea card
 I was inspired to create this handmade tea invite after playing with the new Color Burst watercolor pigment powders at my local art group meeting.  We had so much fun playing with this new product!  There are several versions on the market, so look it up.  For this card, I dropped blue and green pigment onto wet white cardstock.
tea card 2
 I added some gemstones, washi tape, twine, and stamped the tea cups by Embossing Arts and script by Hero Arts in black.
tea card 3
 The top of the card was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge was "Coffee or Tea?"  Personally, I feel that coffee is a necessity, but tea is a luxury and I am always drawn to handmade tea invitations.
tea card 4
 The card below was made using Dr. PH Martin's liquid watercolor, which I mixed with water and misted over a stencil by Joggles.  The scribble circle is by Claudine Helmuth and the Hello stamp is by BoBunny.
card 1

card 2
 This ribbon was dyed using the Color Burst powder and water.
card 3
Lastly, a lovely watercolor card my friend Nancy sent me.  Thanks so much, Nancy!  I love it!  I'm linking up to Simon Says Stamp HERE.  Pick me SSS!  ;0
Simon Monday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

Nancy Briges said...

So funny! I didn't even realize whose blog I was looking at and saw that Queen Anne's Lace card and thought ghee, that looks familiar! Duh!
Love what you did with the color burst paper we did at AB club!

Popular Posts