Sep 4, 2017

Darkroom Door Stamps and Distress Oxide Card Samples


Happy Labor Day to my American friends!  I am so honored to be sharing some samples I made for the latest release of Eclectic Stamps by Darkroom Door.


The Seven Days Eclectic Stamp is so unique and the font is fabulous!  I made my layers with Distress Oxide and Distress Inks.  I embossed in white for contrast.


I curled the edge of the paper and inked the reverse.  On the base I stamped in the blue I used to ink the top panel.  The numbers are from the Mini Calendar Eclectic Stamp, which I partially inked and stamped repeatedly, and overlapping.


I had a blast working with this butterfly.  I stamped him with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide on a lightly inked Frayed Burlap DI panel.  I then used Iced Spruce DOX like watercolor to color in some of the middle sections.  I spritzed the whole thing with water, very close to the paper and the colors bled so beautifully and the VP DOX seemed to bleed like rust!  (Thinking of you here Sara Emily! <3)


I used the coffee stain from the Coffee Time Stamp Set to frame him off and rested him upon a bundle of string.  A simple sticker finished it off.



Next up is the Mini Calendar Eclectic Stamp, which I used to highlight my mom's birthday.  I used a combination of Evergreen Bough DI with Iced Sprice DOX and Cracked Pistachio DOX on this card.


I stamped my Robin, calendar and sentiment from the Love Birds Stamp Set in Vivid Cobblestone, a pretty grey.  To add some contrast to my inky background I embossed the "egg" pattern from the Grunge Marks Stamp Set and the Mesh Texture Stamp.


It is so much fun building layers of color and patterns with these amazing stamp.


For my last card I've featured the new Step-through Bicycle Stamp.  What a cool stamp to add to your masculine cardmaking collection.  I hand cut a mountainscape from watercolor paper.  I used Peeled Paint DOX for this layer and Salty Ocean DOX for the sky.  To get that cloudly effect I used lots of ink, a little water, and pressed lightly.  Not pressing the paper fully down helped make the white space for the "clouds."


I used the "tire tread" stamp from the Grunge Marks Stamp Set to make a trail for the bike.  For the background layer, I dipped my panel in the same inks, only I reversed the color for contrast.  I stamped more of the numbers portion of the Mini Calendar Stamp randomly and added an embossed banner from the Seven Days Stamp to finish it off.  


I really hope you will take some time to check out the Eclectic Stamp Collection on the Darkroom Door website.  You will be impressed!  PS. Take a look at the newest release on the home page while you're there!  

I'm also sharing with:

30 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Your cards are absolutely AMAZING! Can't chose a favourite - I would take them all!

Lisa said...

Wow, these are all amazing!! You've showcased the new stamps perfectly!! I love the colors of the backgrounds and the details!! Stunning cards, my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

LilArtsyWoman said...

Stunning cards that are beautifully designed.

Joyce Ann said...

Wow! I love all the cards. Very nice job! Thank you for sharing with us Eclectic Ellapu. Good luck in the challenge.

Sheila H said...

Great designs and techniques - thanks for sharing your art at 614 Avenue Create.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous samples and beautifully made Autumn xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A Trio of beauties Autumn, all fabulous in their own right. Your distress oxide backgrounds are fabulous, I especially love the Seven Days Stamp, a real go to stamp for any crafters stash. Thank you for sharing your glorious samples. Hugs & Best Wishes Tracey xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing card Autumn - I have splurged on some DOX inks and also some Darkroom Door stamps while I was away... I am looking forward to working with them, especially when I see your fabulous use of the inks.
Blessings
Maxine

Redanne said...

Wow Autumn, you really have demonstrated the versatility of the calendar set of stamps and I just love that bicycle. Your cards are all gorgeous, the butterfly one has stolen my heart, the colours are so beautiful and the way you did the sentiment is so clever! Hugs, Anne xx

Marjan said...

Gorgeous creations, as always! The butterfly is a real eyecatcher on the first one! All three are beautiful!

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful cards! Really LOVE the rust effect you got on the butterfly-very cool!

Mac Mable said...

Great selection of beautiful cards. Those stamps are fabulous, as are you cards. Those DOX really do look amazing x

Susan said...

Amazing cards. I adore the rusty one! You rock those DOX inks!

Kate Yetter said...

Your samples are lovely. I love the rusty butterfly on the first one and that calendar is fabulous. While I don't own any darkroom door stamps I certainly love the looks of them.
Kate

Annie said...

Your samples are fabulous Autumn xx I am a huge fan of DD stamps and this is an inspiring post

Best wishes
Annie xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Totally blown away by the amazing butterfly Autumn. Just incredible. Love everything as usual. Xx

Melissa Bove said...

Wowzers!! What fabulous cards!! They are wonderful!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely Gorgeous butterfly!!
You really know how to rock those Oxides Autumn!!
Your cards ll have such a free flow of color to them and those stamps from DarkRoom are awesome!! Got my notice the other day from them- love Rachel's stamps!! You are such a perfect representative for her products!! Kudos!
Jackie xx

Marty F said...

Love these cards and your backgrounds are...WOW! Your inks are fabulous on your butterfly - my favorite, and oh so Sara Emily, as you mentioned! These are awesome stamps, too. Hugs!

Connie Mercer said...

beautiful!!

Sue said...

What amazing samples Autumn, I'm so glad I don't have to choose a favourite! xx

sarascloset said...

These are all great designs, but the grungy butterfly card takes my breath away! Do you know how happy it makes me to know you think of me when you make amazing rusty cards???? ! Very Happy! You are the Oxide poster child, my friend! I know of no one who can create with them like you! Big hugs!

Tee said...

Gorgeous mixed media cards. I love the layering, and that rustic butterfly!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful cards! I love them all!

Barbara said...

Wonderful collection of cards! I can't choose what I prefer! You're unstoppable my friend! great work as always! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

Helen Wallace said...

Absolutely stunning Art with these stamps and the Oxides. Each card is special and I'm swooning over the colour achieved on the butterfly. You always inspire me to try to play and experiment more. Thank you. x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous collection of sample cards Autumn. The stamped butterfly looks amazing, hard to think it's just Oxides.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC.
Avril xx

sarascloset said...

Well, I'm so excited to see your birdie card in the Spotlight at Simon Says Stamp! Yay, you!

Donna Ellis said...

These are fabulous, Autumn. I so appreciate your skill and talent when it comes to "bleeding" the inks and matching the stamped images in the background. Each one of these is lovely, sweet, and endearing - your artwork captivates my artwork in so many ways. Thanks for the fun and inspiration today! Congratulations on your win at the Love to Craft Challenge! xx

Popular Posts