Jan 29, 2020

Tim Holtz Typewriter Stamp & Heartfelt Die Card


Oh what a lovely time of year!  Have you ever thought of what a blessing it is to have a long month in January, after such a crazy holiday season?  And this year February will be even longer with it being a leap year!  I am feeling so much better after having been sick since Christmas Day and am getting around to posting some projects I have been working on.  Today's card is a mixed media Tim Holtz Valentine with lots of background work and stamping fun. 


I have been very interested for some time in repeat stamping with my Stamp Platform.  Here I used Black Soot Distress Oxide for the first two impressions of Tim's Inventor 1 stamp set, misting the stamp lightly before pressing, then cleaned it and tried again with Fired Brick Distress Oxide, to see how the red would play with the black.  The result is subtle, but I love how it looks almost burnt into the paper. 


I used an craft knife to cut a slit and insert a stamped sentiment from Tim's Saying Stuff set and layered with a die from the Valentine Sidekick die set.  I wrapped some red thread and attached an Ideaology key.  I added more layers with dies cut from Tim's Heartfelt Bigz die, inked and embossed with Ultra Thick Gold EP.  It was really fun to let go and get messy with this one!  I hope you like it and are inspired to play today.  <3


I'm sharing with:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Autumn - and thankful to hear you are recovering! God is good.
Love the results you have achieved with the repeat stamping technique, and the finished card is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Gayatri said...

Glad you are fine now. The project is absolutely fabulous. Love all the details, the tucked in sentiment, the stamping especially and the gold embossing. Amazing!

Popular Posts