Dec 16, 2015

Mixed Media Bird Tag and Free Printable

tag 1
 Happy Wednesday to you!  Today I am sharing this inspirational mixed media tag with Word Art Wednesday.  We will take a break next week and I'll have one more WAW project for you before the end of the year.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I've used these free printables.  This week I decided to take a break from all my Christmas tag making.  Actually, I was DYING to play with this new Stampendous bird stamp and die that I won!  :)  I'm also breaking out my stencils more in light of my new DT gig with Stamps & Stencils - YAY!
printable

tag 2
 First I colored my bird by dipping him into puddles of Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.  I didn't want him to look like clip art, and was going for a more altered look.  Then I decided to contrast the brown I used for the bird with some aqua on the tag.  I stenciled this gorgeous Joggles stencil with gritty texture paste, allowed it to dry, then inked it up with Evergreen Bough and Frayed Burlap.  I really love embossing the edges of my tags, especially when the tag is textured!  I love how this highlights the grooves!
tag 3

tag 4
 I decided to perch my bird on this lovely scrolly holly die by Darcies.  I also used Tim Holtz greenery die and a purchased flower.  The leaves are TH Tattered Leaves, but I scrunched them up tightly.  For the scripture I tore the edges, then inked it the same way, sponging the edges afterward.
tag 5
 I finished it off with the last of this beautiful hand dyed silk ribbon in a loopy bow.  Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"  This week my meditation has been the song, "You're a good, good Father - It's who You are.  And I'm loved by You - it's who I am."
tag 6
I hope this has been an inspiration to you today.  I'm sharing my tag with SSS Monday for their Just a Pinch challenge HERE (I used a pinch of EP along the edges of my tag), to SSS for their Die Crazy challenge HERE, with Craft Stamper Magazine for their Take a Technique challenge HERE, and with HLS for their mixed media challenge HERE.

35 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn this is stunning - love all the texture and beautiful details.
Blessings
Maxine

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Autumn! Your background texture is amazing and I just love that bird image! Beautiful tag. hugs :)

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Autumn - I adore it! Brilliant! Big hugs rachel x

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the texture!! The details you added are just fabulous!! What a beautiful quote!! You showcased it perfectly!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Papercrafting Princess said...

It's adorable. It makes me want to sing!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Great textures here also ... I have always loved the way you use embossing powders .....

Marlies said...

A gorgeous tag Autumn. A fab design. I like all the texture. Very stylish! Marlies x

Carol said...

Love this Autumn, lovely textures and gorgeous colours. thanks for joining us at HLS too. Carol x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, your mixed media artwork is gorgeous! I just love the beautiful texture and colors - wow! And I love this precious bird and the wonderful verse from Psalm. What a wonderful season to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus! I've been MIA lately but truly hope to start back to regular visits! I so love seeing your work and that beautiful face on your blog! Hugs!

experiments in paper said...

Beautiful tag, Autumn - love everything about it! That ribbon is gorgeous! xx Lynn

Lee-Anne said...

So beautiful, Autumn...really love those colors!

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous tag Autumn. love the colour and wonderful textures.
Avril xx

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL use of dies. The intricate details and background are simply superb! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

Pawsitively Creative said...

You have been a busy Christmas bee! Hehe! Hey that rhymed! This tag is delicious and oh so pretty! Fantabulousdearie use of the dies and your colors are gorgeous! Awesome sauce! Hugz! ~Niki

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Juliz Design Post said...

First of all congrats on your DT commitment, you will be a true asset to them. I adore your tag, wonderful colours, textures and the gold embossing powders are the perfect finishing touch.
Sorry I'm short on visits to your lovely blog just now, but I hope to feel well enough soon to get back to my regular visits.
Hugs and Merry Christmas, Julie x

Mimi said...

Beautiful. Well-composed, and I think the embossed edges add a lot. I don't use a die-cut machine (maybe Santa brought met one...) but I'd definitely love to own the holly-swirl die! Super cool. Congrats on winning that bird-- score!

Birgit said...

This is simply stunning! So much yummy texture and soft colors. What a lovely tag you created using this verse!!

Birgit said...

I wanted to say that I love that song too!!! Thanks for putting in on my heart. ;0)

Natalie said...

LOVE that background!! All the textures and layers are fabulous. Beautifully done! What a great way to use the Scripture verse this week. Very creative and how fun that three of us used a bird on our projects. Blessings!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE that bird and the background!

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely - I love the little brown bird against the soft teal colours, and the background texture gives a wonderful swirl of movement. Fabulous tag!
Alison xx

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous tag which has so much texture and amazing detail ~ it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Susan said...

Oh my goodness - I'm in awe of your ability with mixed media! Thank you so much for explaining how you did everything and including the close-up photos. The bird is beautifully coloured - I just love it. And the background is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Tracey said...

Beautiful sentiment...such a pretty tag, love all the texture! Merry Christmas Autumn!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, what an amazing tag and fabulous mixed media techniques too!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs
Carol x

Pon Malar said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog ♥
The tag is absolutely gorgeous, love the coloring of the bird & the background texture :)

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your creation for our challenge at Craft Stamper.
Thanks for joining in the fun.
xxx Ellie xxx

sarascloset said...

Yum, yum! I love your colors and that textured background with the gold embossing! So pretty with that bird sitting high on his holly branch and singing God's praises! Love it!

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Autumn, Just had to stop by to tell you How Much I Love this Tag!!! I Hope it ends up in a frame!!
Ginny M

Ingrid said...

What a gorgeous tag! I love all the little details. Especially the embossing on the edge. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! :)

Linda said...

Lovely tag .... the colours are beautiful, the detail is amazing and I love the little bird. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge and also for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

So delightful! Love the birdie! Lovely textures and the ribbon is to die for!

Mimi said...

THERE YOU GO! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! GO, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Autumn! I'd like to congratulate you for your win at Happy Little Stampers for this tag. Also, I'd like to invite you to Guest Design for our upcoming challenge. Please contact me at melissadawnlane(at)hotmail(dot)com. Thanks! :)

Popular Posts