Feb 28, 2016

Waiting for Spring Dimensional Cards Four Five and Six

card 1

Day two of my cardmaking extravaganza.  First up is my card for challenge four, chipboard.  I layered some old favorite papers along with some handmade embellishments.  I stamped and cutout the Hero Arts dragonflies and also made the paper flower with the Tattered Florals die.

card 2

I just love the all of the elements Elena Morgun has challenged us with, especially stamping on vellum.  Here's another Stampendous flower on purple vellum.  The background features my new Tim Holtz floral stencil and watercolor with Seedless Preserves and Pumice Stone Distress Inks.

card 3

For the second challenge we are to take inspiration from one of Elena's YouTube videos.  I chose THIS awesome project and followed a lot of the details just as she showed.

card 4

Again using the new Tim Holtz floral stencil and stamping on vellum, this time on pearlescent vellum.  For this background and the next I used Twinkling H2Os.

card 5

The quote reminded me of Elena's generosity in creating such a lively community to share our passions for art, and also of my awesome bloggy friends.  Love y'all!!

card 6

On the last card I used another Tim Holtz stencil to do a monoprint technique, then layered color with the H2Os and white embossing.

card 7

I am so into this background and into playing with watercolor this way!  It was fun to continue to use each challenge's theme in the following cards!

card 8

I added a beautiful Verve sentiment that was so appropriate for the theme, Waiting for Spring.

card 9

I'm happy to share my projects with Elena Morgun's Waiting for Spring challenges all found HERE.
Waiting-For-Spring

21 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous makes both of them! Such fresh and warm colours and beautifully put together!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, these are all amazing, too!! The layers are stunning!! I love the details you've added!! Absolutely beautiful cards!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pawsitively Creative said...

You are on a roll with these cards! Another trio of stunning! Layers and layers if yummy and the dragonflies are so cool! Awesome sauce designs x three! Wowzers! Hugz. ~Niki

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW and WOW again!! These are beautiful Autumn - love the colours on the top card, and the wonderful lattice in the second, paired with the the white text it is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine
P.S., Thank you so much for your comments on my blog

Curls N Twirls said...

I loved both the projects .. Pink is my all time favourite colour .. Its so fresh and Vibrant !!
xoxo
Remya

brenda said...

I can;'t wait for Spring either Autumn. A beautiful set of cards on today's post.

B x

Brenda Brown said...

Three beautiful cards and a wonderful collection of pink love all the embellishments and techniques you have used.
Hugs Brenda xxx

froebelsternchen said...

These cards are AMAZING! Beautiful!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These are super dimensional and match your teal series perfectly! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog! Due to a Google glitch they do not appear, but I've seen the notifications! Hopefully they will be visible after Google sorts out this annoying problem!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn, more gorgeous cards. I am loving all the detail and colour palette is perfect with this one too. When I saw them I didn't know where to start. Angela x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Autumn! Yikes! I just lost my entire comment! Maybe it was Google's way of saying I'm too wordy LOL

When your incredible masterpieces popped up in my Bloglovin Reader today, I was without words. How did you ever fit so many wonderful layers and textures on each Beauty without making it look messy? WOW! Beautiful stories related in each card - lovely flowers, wonderful use of texture, color, EP, vellum, stamps, and mediums. Thank you for explaining how you did each card, and how the products were used. I have lots of the colored vellum, and never considered embossing with white. I learned so much today! Thank you! Hope your week is fabby! hugs, de

Art By Wanda said...

Autumn, every one of these cards are just gorgeous!!! Totally love them!!!!

*Vicki* said...

These are absolutely beautiful with your colors and your dimensional flowers!! Thanks for sharing your art!! HUGS

Unknown said...

Truly love the scripture on the second card Autumn and it's really lovely in every way.... BUT the first one is my favorite!!! Love the layers and dimensions and colors... it's just so ELEGANTLY INTRIGUING. Plus I love what you said about the sentiment... and I feel the same way about YOU and my other blogger friends... "a lively community to share our passions for art". So grateful for that. GREAT POST TODAY - thanks bunches!! Hugs. j.

experiments in paper said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Autumn!! Love the black with the pinks and white.... and, of course, your phenomenal layering!! Wow, girl - you rock!! xxx Lynn

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Autumn! Love all the layers, die cuts and butterflies fluttering about!

Mimi said...

I love the palette you're working with... yes, ALL springy and lovely shades of pinks and purples, and layers and layers. The frame on the "I wait for the..." is beautiful.

Petra Swart said...

These cards are so wonderful with fantastic detail on each, Autumn!!! WOW, it's beautiful!!
Hugz

Marty F said...

These are just beautiful! I really love the colors and layering and so many details...hard to choose my favorite between the three, but I do believe it's the 3rd card. The stamped sentiment and that frame...WOW.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! These are beyond beautiful! Where do you find the time?! LOVE the bold, nearly monochromatic palettes, and your layering skills are out of this world!

sarascloset said...

Love these cards and the colors you used! That rectangular frame is now on my wish list. Beautiful, Autumn! You are so inspiring! Hugs!

Popular Posts