Feb 29, 2016

Wonderful Mixed Media Layout

page 1

Before the clock strikes midnight, I am like Cinderella at the ball here!  Pizza for dinner, coffee on the way home, half an hour on the heating pad because my neck is killing me from crafting for hours on end this weekend, but I just had to play with this awesome challenge before it ended.  The struggle is real people...


The word for this month's challenge being "wonderful" really brought to mind this gorgeous song by Hillsong.  I just couldn't get it out of my head.  It brings me to tears every time I sing it. 

page 2

I layered heavy gel medium onto my altered book pages with my finger, then layered texture paste through this Heidi Swapp stencil.  Love these triangles!

page 3

Then I layered Twinkling H2Os over and over until I got just the right puddling.  I used a writing brush to do a more concentrated wash inside the letters.  Finally, I used Mod Podge to adhere beads for extra sparkle.

page 5

For texture I stamped a beautiful scripture stamp by Verve randomly along the edges. Then I stamped my favorite Penny Black lace and a Finnabair texture stamp with water based inks, spritzing the stamps with water each time.

page 6

I'm playing along with:

19 comments:

Di Garling said...

Oh such a pretty name, I really like it. Anyway, I am sooo glad you got it done in time after all your efforts. It has turned out beautifully. So many great elements here. Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful page Autumn - love your colours and textures, and that song too - it is truly beautiful beyond description!
Blessings
Maxine

Petra Swart said...

Your Wonderful-page is for sure wonderful, Autumn!!! It must be such fun creating these pages!!! Beautiful!!!!
Hugz

Tracey said...

Well worth the struggle I think! Fabulous work Autumn...hope your neck is better!

Heather McMahon said...

This is terrific! I adore the colours and the texture is fab! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

Mimi said...

(Uhh, my comment disappeared!) I love the texture you achieved-- thanks for the close-ups. I have that stencil, also, and love it, too! The geometry is a good contrast to the free-form feel of the rest of the layout.

Tanja said...

love your layout - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Valia Katzaki said...

Love the textures! Thank you for playing with us @ More than Words!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful textures and colors, Autumn! I Especially like the color emphasis around the word "wonderful"! Hugs, de

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful page Autumn. Love the colours and texture with the bold wording.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful page Autumn. Love the colours and texture with the bold wording.
Avril xx

Helen Hapsi said...

A fantastic mixed media double spread !! Sparkly and colourful !! I am glad you made it to enter our challenge, thank you from More than Words !!

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous journal pages!So glad you entered! All the best from More Than Words! :)

Nicole Doiron said...

So happy you were able to join in with such a beautiful creation! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

Pawsitively Creative said...

Well dear, I stand in Aw! This is awe-mazing! Love the colors (and your faves) and the textures. I want to reach out and touch it. You sing? That is so cool! I sound like a cat yowling at the moon when I sing, but hey, I have fun. Hehe! Love that the word is highlighted with the blue-beautifully done and awesome sauce! Hugz! ~Niki

experiments in paper said...

Love this, Autumn - I am obviously behind in viewing, but so glad I caught this. It is absolutely beautiful in all ways - and particularly with the wonderful coloring - my brain is saying "Spring" but the weather is not getting the message, lol! xxx Lynn

Lee-Anne said...

Autumn...what fabulous texture! Love the colors on your journal pages. Beautifully done!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal pages love the colours and fabulous texture
Carol x

Juliz Design Post said...

Super mixed media pages and great textures and colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
Julie x

Popular Posts