Jun 17, 2020

Vintage Collage Journaling with Darkroom Door Stamps


Hi friends!  I'm very happy to have come across this nearly completed altered journal in my recent art room shuffle.  How could I have forgotten it!  I decided immediately to get a new spread added to it.  I've picked up the most amazing quote stamp by Darkroom Door and in the theme of the journal, picked out a "found relative" to coordinate.  She reminds me much of myself as a girl...


I layered some beautiful vintage ephemera from my friend Madelyn with an envelope mailed to me by my friend Wanda, adding layers of stamping on the base with the Abstract 06 stamp and the Number Medley set.  


I made the strip on the side with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide and the Darkroom Door Spanish Tile stamp (my fav <3).  I cut up leftovers to make faux washi tape for the opposite side of the spread.  I mounted the Quote stamp over the AMAZING new Vintage Label Frame stamp stamped in cherry red.  I'm ever so pleased with this journal thus far and have two more spreads to go, along with the cover art.  Wish me luck!  Since it's been such a while, I thought I would share the previous pages with you...
 

A spread I made and blogged at Topflight Stamps HERE.


 I shared this spread on the A Vintage Journey blog.



My first spread on posted HERE.  Remember, this was an old address book I found thrifting.



My second spread can be found HERE.



And another spread HERE.  Thanks for looking!  Hugs, Autumn


Make sure to check out the fantastic

array of Darkroom Door stamps today

at TopflightStamps.com!



I'm sharing with:

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Sprays and Splashes

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I so admire your art Autumn - even if I make nothing like it :). Your creativity is such a wonderful gift from God, and to others.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy Wethington said...

WOW! I love these. So beautifully composed.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love these ... so clever as all of your work is ... thanks for sharing with us

Betty4 said...

I want to comment but I'm not sure words can say what I'm thinking. My goodness this is a work of art. You are so talented and you give me the courage to try new ideas. Thank you!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

The Autumn magic has hit again! Those colours - oh my! Everything is pure perfection!

Art By Wanda said...

Really, really wonderful!!!! It's so fun that you could use the envelope. I'm going to have to remember that idea. I usually just think of cutting the stamps off.

Bothiecat said...

Beautiful pages. I love the composition on all of them. They inspire me to get into my craft room and use some of my TH stash. Thankyou for your beautiful work.

Joan W said...

Wow, that is stunning. Love the colors, layout and inspiration.

Popular Posts