Jun 7, 2020

AALL & Create Tracy Evans Floral Mixed Media Cards


Hello my friends!  I've got a few projects to share with you today that I've created during recent "craft-a-long" sessions with Tracy Evans.  Often I go my own way based on my color preferences or my personal stamp options.  For this tag, I really wanted to use the new stamps Tracy used but they haven't arrived in the States yet, so I mixed up a couple of other sets instead.  HERE is the YouTube replay link if you'd like to play along.  I find these are so relaxing to sit and just "go with it" without having to think too much.  These days that is exactly what I need!  How about you?


I couldn't figure out how to do a trio of flowers like Tracy had done and my tag sat for a day or two until I decided upon buttons for flowers.  Fun!  I used one of the border stamps to make the vines and really liked how that worked out.  My pot was just cut from a scrap of card and inked with Oxides and then clear UTEE'ed.  I cracked the pot so it would look like crazed pottery.




This card was based on THIS amazing project by Tracy, where she used Blueprint Sketch.  I ended up using Evergreen Bough, but hope to make another version in Blueprint.  I used Sea colored Mixed Media powder by Ranger for this pot.  Rather than the gessoed circles as Tracy had done, I applied my gesso through an AALL & Create stencil.  I really liked the effect mixed with the white embossing.



And this card was made ages ago, inspired by THIS video of Tracy's.  I sort of love it and sort of think it needs something...  So I haven't shared it, but have decided to let it be.  It was one of my first cards made with Tracy and I think it's fun to see my progression.  I hope you are staying happy, busy and well.  Hugs, Autumn


Shop for these beautiful stamps today


I'm sharing with:

6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow what gorgeous pieces. Wonderful use of colour Autumn and I adore the layered elements . Beautiful compositions too 😘😘

Skylark said...

These are gorgeous Autumn! I especially like the button flowers and the cracked pot on the first design. Together with Tracy's videos they provide great inspiration to be creative in your own style ~ Stef

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving your blue and aqua colour together, and all the amazing texture you have incorporated with stamping and stenciling in the backgrounds. Fabulous work Autumn.
N.Z. has now been declared free of the virus!! I so feel for you all over 'your side of the world' where it is still running rampant. :(
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Art By Wanda said...

The cards are all wonderful, Autumn!!!! I must admit when I looked at the last card that my thought was that I would of expected a bit more detail (because you are so good with the details). It really is wonderful as is but a little texture in the center of the flower might just be what helps you love it. Micro clear beads maybe.

paperwishesbyamanda said...

‘Just go with it’ is a great attitude for relaxing while you craft. Your tag and cards are so fresh and pretty. I love the cracked pot and the buttons. The colours are lovely soft but not too cute. Glad you are enjoying the online inspiration. I have been creatively prompted over the last weeks by Tims Lives but a change of style is always good Tracy is very laid back and makes me get out my Gelli plate. Thanks fro sharing this xox

Ellie Knol said...

Hi Autumn.. hope you are doing well.. beautiful creations in this post!! I also have a question.. isn't there a Mini Album Makers challenge anymore? Can't find one for September?!

Popular Posts