Jul 22, 2022

New Darkroom Door Collage Sheets & Stencils

 

Hi friends!  I'm excited to share some new projects with you today featuring the Darkroom Door new small stencil and collage sheet release.  These new stencils work beautifully with the Darkroom Door quote stamps and I know I'll be using them a lot more in the future.  My first card incorporates the new Ogee Arch small stencil.  I made an inky background with Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany and Gathered Twigs, then repeatedly stamped the Flower Garden texture stamp over that.  I then used the stencil to cut out a window and adhered one of the Elegant Ladies collage sheet images behind it.  I stamped the flowers from the Friendship Flowers stamp set and fussy cut them.  I used Vintage Pearl embossing powder by Ranger with the You Are Everything stamp set for the "friend" sentiment. 



My next card will be featured on my collage account on Instagram, @letterpaperpen, where I share all of my collages and bullet journal pages.  I hope you'll follow me there!  For this card I used several of the images from the Botanical Notes collage sheet and made some flaps to be able to highlight the images both as a collage and separately.  I added some vintage book and music pages and stamped the "Try" stamp over it to coordinate with a sentiment sticker at the bottom. 


 

 
I couldn't wait to incorporate the collage sheets into my bullet journal!  There are some great circular designs that are easy to punch out.  I used them to highlight each day of the week.  I stamped the Damask texture stamp in pink around my pages.  Then I used the Seven Days eclectic stamp, stamped onto tissue paper so I could easily adhere them onto my page, allowing that pink pattern to still show through.  I added in a label from the Lots of Labels stamp set to break up the design a bit.  And, as always, finished this collage page with a postage cancellation from the Global Postmarks stamp set.  I'm looking forward to incorporating the other colors of flowers from the Botanical Notes collage sheet into my bullet journal pages!  There are six pages of collage elements in pinks, purples, reds and yellows, so so pretty!

 

My next card shows how beautifully the new stencils work with the quote stamps.  Here I used the center of the Round Arch stencil set as a mask and sponged the new Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink all around my panel.  Then I splashed water and diluted gesso onto the panel to grunge it up.  I heat set it and then used the outer stencil to mask off my blue sponge work and sprayed Antique Linen Distress Ink Spray inside the center.  Once that was dried, I outlined the round arch with an embossing pen and gold embossed.  The embossing stuck to my sponge work a little and rather than wipe it off, I heat set it for a cool "mottled gold" effect.  Then I put the arch back to mask off the center and stamped the Spanish Tiles background stamp in Uncharted Mariner.  I stamped the Dreams quote stamp in the middle and finished with a gold button from my stash.  This may sound complicated, but it was a very simple and fun card to make and I love the contrast of the gold and blue! 


I was enjoying playing with ink and took it a step further to create this funky galaxy background with Picked Raspberry and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks.  I added lots of splashes of water, more Distress Inks and gesso then heat thoroughly, as I did not want the white embossing powder to stick to my background like the gold did in my last card.  I used my WV Stay-tion magnets for all of my stencil work and it worked a charm.  I pressed embossing ink through the Round Arch Stripes small stencil and embossed in white.  I added a sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set, then embossed some stars from the Sketchy Stars eclectic stamp onto more Raspberry inky paper and fussy cut a few of them to layer onto the panel, along with some sequins and gemstones.  I really love the contrast of this card and the fun colorway! 


My final card is more of a CAS style, but really reminds me of the current trends in home decor.  I sponged a panel lightly around the edges with Antique Linen DI, then sponged Distress Oxide in Tea Dye, Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough through the Semicircles small stencil.  I simply stamped the Wander quote stamp over that and mounted onto a kraft card.  I think it's a retro/modern look and I wish I had a tshirt like it!  Ha ha! 

I hope these projects have inspired you today and you'll take a look at the entire new small stencil collection and beautiful collage sheets from Darkroom Door.  Big hugs, Autumn

 



 



3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful, wonderful work with the stencils Autumn - I love the one with the Uncharted Mariner and gold - that is my favourite amongst this fabulous collection. The collage sheets are fascinating, I have not seen them before
Blessings
Maxine

Cyndi Landrigan said...

These are all fantastic! I love your work and tutorials. Thanks for sharing!

Gloria L said...

Collage cards are my fave! Just lovely!

Popular Posts