Jun 22, 2022

Art by Marlene Seahorse Neon Gel Print Journal Page

 

Hi friends!  I'm back today on my journal kick to share a funky new journal page I made in my new Art by Marlene spiral journal.  This journal measures almost 8" square and is filled with watercolor paper, but I decided to work with gel prints from a session I had with my mom this weekend, and simply mounted my finished page onto the blank book page.  

I shared some of my coloring in a reel HERE for @topflightstamps on Instagram.   The stamps I used are:
MPBM67 - Birthday Bash
MPBM61 - Sunny Days
So-Fish-Ticated - 10 - Underwater World
So-Fish-Ticated - 16 - Sally Seahorse
So-Fish-Ticated - 13 - Sea Creatures
These products are discontinued sadly, and only a few are still available at Topflight Stamps, but I just love them and had to have a play.  I'm hoping to do several sea themed pages in this journal, so stay tuned!

I used Prism markers to color Sally Seahorse on Bristol paper.  These markers work best on this paper.  I use Bristol for 95% of everything I do because it accepts water well and stamps beautifully. 

The border die cut is from the Floral Style set from the Marlene's World collection.  The bubbles and seashells are from the Sea Creatures stamp set.  I used a very old alphabet stamp set for the sentiment and stamped it onto a scrap of my gel printed page.  For the gel print, I used neon paints by Master's Touch (a Hobby Lobby brand) and the Marlene's World Plus Sign stencil MASKBM20.  I love this cool XL stencil!  Marlene has a line of neon paints and I can't wait to get my hands on them.  I wasn't super happy with the HL brand because the paints were transparent.

I really hope this page makes you smile today and perhaps encourages you to play with watercolor using your own brush markers.  :)  I look forward to sharing the rest of this journal with you as it develops!  Hugs, Autumn

 
Here's a tag I made a while back and a fun mixed media video tutorial posted HERE.   




3 comments:

Gloria L said...

Thanks for the introduction to Bristol paper! Yes, your page made me smile!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous, and slightly quirky, page Autumn - and yes, it did make me smile, thank you.
I keep telling myself to play with my Gelli plate, then not doing it...
Blessings
Maxine

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun colors, background, and images, Autumn. This is a delightful page!!! Hugz

Popular Posts