Dec 14, 2017

Simple Stamped Christmas Cards with Patterned Paper


Tonight I get to celebrate a Christmas party with my dear friends - I can't wait!  A few weeks back we all got together for an artsy play day and we all designed a simple Christmas card for each other to make to build our stash before moving on to mixed media projects.  What an incredibly fun day!  Everyone in our group is so unbelievably creative and talented, and each person finished the cards her own way.  Here's my version of Barbara's beautiful snowflake card.  The snowflakes were cut from the inside of a Kleenex box!  Who knew there was a silver lining to having a cold?!  :)  I added a SSS "autumn blessings" die cut, minus the "autumn" ha!  I added this card to the current SSS Flickr challenge.


Next, I made Madelyn's design exactly as she did because it was just perfect.  She cut the trees from her Cricut.


Bonnie gave each of us a different chipboard shape, which we covered with paper.  I added a gold washi tape band and another die cut sentiment.  What beautiful ribbon!


I went the craziest with Carol's card and jazzed it up a lot more than maybe I should have, but I was delighted with every element.  I embossed one of the bg papers with the TH tiny dots EF, added some reindeer washi and pom pom fringe.  Some scrap greenery dies with a twine bow and bell.  I used a chipboard Ornate Frame die sponged with DOX to frame my deer.  Then I handwrote the little list.  Perhaps you recognize the list from a famous carol.


Last was my own card design, which the other girls switched up and made so much prettier by placing the sentiment at the bottom, then wrapping silver embroidery floss with a little bell.  I just wanted to do something flat for mailing.  This is a new HL stamp which I'm in love with!  The paper is from Michael's last year.  I love the subtle foil detail.  Thanks for looking and I hope you are inspired to make a few simple cards yourself.  Hugs, Autumn


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

32 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Autumn - I do love that tree one - it's stunningly beautiful in it's simplicity.
Blessings
Maxine

A Pink said...

A fabulous collection of cards! Autumn. Love them all but your version of Barbara's snowflake is a real stunner. So striking! Sounds and most certainly looks like lots of creative fun was enjoyed .
hugs x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Simple and stylish and each very different from each other! I really like the little note to Santa!

Marty F said...

I love all of these cards, Autumn, and can imagine what fun you and your friends had! My favorite is the one with the deer and sweet note to "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas"! I love the huge snowflake and the simple little trees. Love how you covered the chipboard with paper - looks great, and of course, your gorgeous card with plaid paper and stamped trees :-) Hugs!!

Lisa said...

Wow, these are all so gorgeous, Autumn!! I love the designs!! That tissue-box snowflake is stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Helen Gullett said...

They are all gorgeous and inspiring, Autumn. I love the CAS look too. Thank you so much!

Susan said...

These may be "simple" but they are so effective. Love them all.

Redanne said...

It really does look like you had a wonderful day with your crafty friends, the cards are all beautiful although the one with the list really tugged at my old heart strings - the child-like words on the list are just perfect!! Hugs, Anne xx

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful set of cards you created with your friends Autumn! Love each one of them - that must have been a really fun creative time together! Julia xx

maj. said...

Simply brilliant are the cards!!!!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

A great set Autumn and what fun to have crafty sessions like that with friends!!! You did a great job with each of the designs! Enjoy that party tonight ad have lots of fun!!

Kate Yetter said...

What stunning and very unique tags. I am really loving the various colors schemes. That first one is my favorite with the silver star popping against that dark background.
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

these are all so delightful Autumn- I really couldn't choos one favorite! How nice to have a talented group nearby to art with.

Helen Wallace said...

How wonderful to spend crafty time with friends and create such gorgeous cards. They may be simple to you, but they are all gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of tartan and love the stamp you used. The three Christmas trees look beautiful too. TFS

Donna Ellis said...

They are beautiful! Autumn, it sounds like a wonderful day of crafting, and a fabulous upcoming party. Hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself!
Merry Christmas! hugs, de

Beulah Bee said...

Skates, sled, and a book (awesome handwriting)!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Just so BEAUTIFUL.. I got more than I bargained for today. So delightful Autumn, you are a master with paper and I believe you could create anything with it! Hope you had fun at your get together.. Warm Hugs Tracey xx

brenda said...

A delightful collection of cards Autumn, it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge again, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Mac Mable said...

You look like you had so much fun making these cards. All so fabulous. Lots to look at and admire and tons of amazing inspiration....Thank you x Hope you enjoyed the party ?

Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful cards, Autumn! I am loving each and every one of them - the way you've used pattern papers is just so resplendent!
hugs, Ashwini

simo said...

All these cards are beautiful, Autumn...and what a group of talented artists all of you are! Crafting with like-minded artist friends is one of the best things ever...hugs xxx Simona

Margaret Mifsud said...

So lovely to get the chance to play with crafty friends .. looks like you had a fabulous day!! All of your cards are so gorgeous Autumn but, I must say, my fave is the one you shared with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Maybe it's that cute little deer that so appeals to me. So pleased you are playing along. Have a wonderful day. hugs xx

Majo said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining our challenge at USE YOUR STUFF!

Majo - DT ♥

Marjan said...

Wonderful cards, each one different from the other. I think I like the note to Santa and the first one with the star the best!

Words and Pictures said...

What fun to try out everybody's different card styles - hope you had a lovely party.
Alison x

Dorthe said...

Such fun- using such different materials, and playing with each other for a whole day. Your cards each express Christmas and winter in the most cozy ways .
Dorthe, xox

scrappallino said...

They will also be simple cards, but each of them has something that makes it unique. It's so rewarding to spend some time with friends and create with them, you do not know how much I miss this!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Ahhh! It always feels utterly refreshing and soothing to swing by your blog! I know it will be a treat for the eyes and this post is no exception. What a bonus to be able to see so many different styles of cards! I admire your versatility and have enjoyed seeing your submissions to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Janice said...

A stunning selection of cards!
Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge - Janice DT

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card collection. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More CAS challenge and good luck, hope you join in with our new challenge starting sunday x Susan x

Natalie said...

Wonderful cards!! Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs Natalie
INKognito

Popular Posts