Jul 12, 2018

Tim Holtz Binder and Free Printable Recipe Card


Hi everyone!  I've been working on this projects for a couple of weeks at a slow pace and finally have a chance to share.  I picked up several Tim Holtz binders earlier in the year and finally decided to give one some love.  I wasn't quite sure what to put inside and ultimately decided on a recipe book, inspired by the incredible Emma Williams.  I didn't want to use a food theme because the book will be stored in my craft room, so I built a little botanical scene using Tim's Botanical Ephemera.


I started with a thick piece of mat board cut to size.  I cut a window in the center, then covered it with Worn Wallpaper.  I cut an X in the center to wrap the wallpaper around the opening and layered with some burlap paper.  I sanded the edges and used a Distress Crayon to add some shading.  I layered with a Baseboard Frame and a half flower from my tutorial HERE.  The crocheted lace and word token are also Tim's.



I used my Wallflower Paper Stash to create the file dividers.  The tabs are from a die.  The pages measure 4.25 x 6.5".  The idea is to fill the binder with recipes and have a pocket for recipe cards to share.  It's so sweet to bake a casserole for a friend and attach the recipe card atop!  :)


To make the pocket, cut a 6" square and score all three sides at 15/16" and 13/16".  Burnish the folds and miter as shown.  Attach red line tape the the outermost scored section.  The pocket will hold 8-10 cards.


I've designed a free printable recipe card for you and you can download it HERE.  It is designed to be printed at 4x6".  This file is free for personal use, but if you share it on any website you must link back to this post.






I decorated the pages quite simply.  Here's the back.  I did alter the color of the binder by sponging it with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink, then going over it with a gesso wash to tone it down.


And the front cover again, which could also be a card design.


And now onto the winner of my wee giveaway of the stitched stamp set.  The random winner is Kate Yetter!  


Kate, please email me at teamclark@rocketmail.com to claim your prize.  I'll be on the lookout for another of these sets, so make sure to follow along for the next giveaway.  :)  And I hope you'll pin today's project and put the printable to good use.  Thanks for stopping by, Autumn
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic project, so many beautiful details. And congrats to Kate! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is so beautiful Autumn, the burlap peeping through really gives a depth of warmth. Pretty papers and ephemera make this a stunning creation which i'm sure you will relish every moment when using it. Thank you for sharing your sweet binder Autumn.
Creative Hugs & Blessings Tracey xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Congrats to Kate. That binder mini album is so adorable xoxo

Betty4 said...

This is just beautiful, a work of art for sure. You so inspire me!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is so beautiful Autumn!! Both front and back covers are stunning and I really love the burlap peeking through the apperture at the front! Love the papers you have used and thank you so much for sharing the fabulous printable. So generous of you. Congratulations to Kate too for winning your fabulous give-away!! Have a great day!! hugs xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, Autumn, this is stunning! I love every single detail. You are a creative genius. I would love to have some of that gorgeous paper! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and have a great day!

Paula Cheney said...

What a fabulous project. Love the idea of the printable recipe cards...this could really be a perfect gift for someone!

Dorthe said...

So adorable beautiful Autumn, love the nature theme you used, and the sweetnes of romance through it, such lovely pages, all.
Thank you for the recipe .
Hugs, Dorthe xx

Oce said...


Splendide bravo

Oce said...


Splendide bravo.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, Autumn!! Wow!! I love how you've designed the cover!! It's so gorgeous!! The inside pages are amazing!! Your attention to detail is so spectacular!! Even the back is beautiful!! Love, love this, my friend!! So inspirational and fabulous!! Congrats to Kate!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sammy said...

Oh I love it! So beautifully done! x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous project Autumn, love the covers and the page dividers, you've included so many gorgeous details throughout.
Avril xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Autumn! Such an exquisite masterpiece of a recipe book. It will be cherished. The warm colors, gorgeous papers, lovely tabs, incredible textures - all such wonderful elements to make cooking and baking even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing all the photos and creative details. Hugs, de

Helen Wallace said...

Another beautiful and inspiring project from Chez Autumn. I especially love the details on the front cover with the hessian peeking through and the bunched seam binding. Your binder has become a small treasure which could be used for so many things in your craft room. Thanks for sharing. x

Redanne said...

This is so beautiful Autumn! The cover is gorgeous, I love how you offset the frame and the ephemera looks beautiful. The page dividers are so pretty too! I have a few of these binders and never quite knew what to do with them, you have inspired me with your fabulous design! The recipe card you designed is stunning!

Congratulations to Kate on her win too! Hugs, Anne xx

scrappallino said...

It's amazing, I can not describe in English what I feel when I look at this binder, I just know that I would love to caress it, it's a wonderful creation.
Hugs
Stefi

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

A gorgeous project again - this will look so nice on a book shelf! Your colours are always so expertly chosen and I bet you don't even need to think about it - it's in your blood!

Marty F said...

This binder is beautiful, Autumn! I love that you chose a different theme other than food and your use of ephemera is just perfect! I love your little pocket for the recipe card which adds to the beautiful theme, and yet doesn't take too much space. Do you display your albums in a bookcase or shelf? How beautiful they'd be all together. I just love seeing your creations! Hugs!!

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!! What a fantastic project!! The papers are so pretty and I love all the amazing details! Each page is beautifully done..you have such an eye for detail. This turned out spectacular Autumn!!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty!

Diana Taylor said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - I love the layers, especially the burlap peeping through, and the whole theme works perfectly with such a gentle, summery colour palette. Love it.
Diana x

Popular Posts