Aug 4, 2018

Tim Holtz Shadow Script Masculine CAS Cards


Last weekend my local girlfriends and I stayed at an AirBnB in Townsville, SC on Lake Hartwell.  We really had THE BEST time.  When you craft in a group, it's not always easy to get completed projects.  I mean, everyone brings their crafty stash and you want to share.  I usually spend my time making inky backgrounds with my Distress Inks, but wanted to work towards end projects this time, as I still have inky paper from my time with Sara Emily (love you and wish you were with us!)


Madelyn's son made us a homemade cheesecake.  The crust is brownie, then a layer of cheesecake, then a layer of dark chocolate he melted and whipped with cream until it was like a mousse, then he added strawberries around the edges!  It was so incredible and we decided to make him a thank you card.  I had just grabbed the new Tim Holtz Shadow Script 2 die set and used one sheet of Dapper Paper Stash, with the 6x6 grid to make all three of these cards.  They were so simple and using the 6x6 grid made it easy to get three or four cards from one sheet of paper.  I will just HAVE to get the Shadow Script 1 die set now!


I used Distress Inks to sponge the cut out words as needed to create contrast.  Each card has a simple twine wrap for texture.  How's that for masculine & CAS?!



I've got lots of other projects to share with you over the next couple of weeks and really feel inspired and rejuvenated from our time.  Thanks to Carol (top middle), Bonnie (bottom middle) and Madelyn (bottom right) for an amazing weekend!  No makeup, no fuss, no ELEVATOR!  ;0  LOL!  #packlight

I'd love to hear about your crafty girl time.  Let me know if you craft with friends or attend crops/classes.  What's your best advice for group setting crafting?  Have a great day, Autumn

15 comments:

scrappallino said...

Dear Autumn, I'm so happy for you! I love to see your face joyful, it's nice to know you a little thanks to your photos and your posts.
The time spent with the craft friends is rare for me since I moved, but that little is so precious to me!
We laugh and talk a lot and we work little (that's me) but those moments are so regenerating, the energy of those days remains on me for days and days,
the mood improves ....just saying goodbye becomes a problem, I hardly hold back the tears.
My advice? Choosing the right company! LOL!
The simple card is perfect for a man, for me it is always so complicated to create a masculine card.
Hugs
Stefi

Helen Wallace said...

How wonderful to head off with a bunch of like minded friends (+ cheesecake) to create and have fun. I understand, that sometimes, on these occasions, we are not always productive, but the therapy is invaluable and any creating is simply a bonus. Love the CAS masculine cards.

Redanne said...

The cards are wonderful Autumn, a great idea for a quick and easy card. There is nothing nicer than spending time with crafty friends, I always feel so inspired and it is a great way to recharge the old (in my case) batteries! Your weekend sounds like it was super fun - and that cheesecake - wow!!! Hugs, Anne xx

SD pooja said...

Wow..you have had lots of fun!I have never crafted with anyone but me..:( so no suggestions from me :) I loved the masculine cards .

Betty4 said...

It looks like you had a great time and I love the cards you created but that CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

It looks like such a wonderful time!! The pictures are fabulous and fun!! And yum - that cake looks and sounds amazing!! The cards are so beautiful!! I love the papers and designs!! I'm glad you had a great time with your friends!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sarascloset said...

Your cards are perfect! I love the simple design that has everything you need--Tim products, a touch of grunge and texture! I am so jealous of your crafty time with the girls at the LAKE! And it even looks like you got time to lay out on the dock. And that cheesecake looks like an extra 5lbs on the hips to me! Yum! Sounds like a GREAT weekend with good friends! Thank you for thinking of me! I love you, too, girl, and miss crafting with you! What an inspiration you are! Hugs! Looks like we are heading to Todd's lake house this week, but it's all business; taking my sweet young 'un back to college. She has a car and a Suburban load full!

Tracey said...

What a wonderful time with friends and how delicious is that cake...yum!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

OMG that cheesecake! Looks like you gals had a great time together - I don't think I would be able to get anything done, I would be so distracted - in a good way! The Thank You cards are awesome in a real CAS fashion. Just to complicate things, there's also a Shadow Script #3 available now. Sizzix is trying to bankrupt all of us LOL!

Paper Profusion said...

I love your cards Autumn and delighted to see you having such a fun time. I have to say that cheesecake looks sublime!! You did well to get cards finished at all ... always difficult when there is lots of chat and laughter. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Nicola x

Margaret Mifsud said...

How wonderful for you to be able to scrap with some like minded friends and have cheesecake as well!! Totally awesome, and it looks scrumptious!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Love, love, love the cards you made. They look absolutely amazing!! hugs xx

Jackie PN said...

Wow looks like you had such an awesome time! The cards of thanks are beautiful as is the first card with the drafting(?) I really like that!
OMG! That cheesecake looks Amazing! Any chance your friend's son would share that recipe?? I would love to make that for when my friends come for ArtBarn Retreat weekend!

Thanks for sharing your joyful time and maybe one day you can join us here!
Jackie xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my word Autumn, the sight of that cheesecake would have stopped me in my crafty tracks so you made two more cards than I would have.. hee hee!!
Love those patterns, you have me thinking of all the possibilities now for men cards, Christmas.. the list goes on and on. Fabulous cards.
I can imagine those few days away with friends amongst beautiful surroundings was so uplifting, what a stunning backdrop to spur on creativity.
Your photographs show what a fun time was had by all.
Thank you so much for sharing, you've brought a BIG smile to my face.
Hugs Tracey xx

Kate Yetter said...

These masculine cards are AMAZING! I love the variety you have created. And that cheesecake looks so good along with your crafting buddies. Sounds like you had a fun time. I wish I had crafting buddies to have a retreat with. Maybe some day.
Have a great week.
Kate

Marty F said...

Love your masculine cards and the more I see the shadow script words, the more I like them and I think they're great for making cards like yours. My favorite is the middle one - just love the colors and plaid. That cheesecake looks ah-mazing! How sweet of Madelyn's son to make that for the group - YUM! Hugs :-)

Popular Posts