Dec 3, 2018

Tim Holtz Tea Time and Coffee Blueprints Cards


Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a couple more cards I made for the fall/winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  I had a great time using the Tim Holtz Coffee Blueprints Minis again and this time decided to go for a chalkboard effect. 


I carefully arranged the images in a row on a large acrylic block then stamped and embossed them in white.  To create the chalky effect, I used Picket Fence Distress Ink and a blending tool, then also tapped the pad direct to paper.  I layered over the Christmas Paper Stash.


I chose a simple embellishment of the poinsettia from the Funky Festive dies, layered over a bed of Juniper Punched greens I inked with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.  A simple, but bold design.


For my next card I used Tim's Tea Time Bigz die.  I cut three of the same tea cup from Mixed Media cardstock.  To smooth out the cut marks on the cup I used in reverse, I sandwiched the cup and two pieces of thin chipboard and ran through my Big Shot.  I sponged the top one with Frayed Burlap, the middle with Fired Bruck, and the bottom with Peeled Paint.  I stamped images from Tim's Ornate (& Lace), (Stripes &) Holiday Type and Mini Swirly Snowflakes stamp sets. 


I stacked them together like so, then layered onto a trifold card.  For the background I used the (Nordic &) Plaid stamp.


I added another Funky Festive poisettia, layered with more Juniper Punched greens.


For the inside I was tickled to use Tim's new Cut Out Script alphabet dies to make my own custom coffee sentiment!  :)  Fa la latte!  I layered it over a Stitched Rectangle panel so there would be room to write inside.  The inside music is from Tim's Music (& Advert) stamp set.


See all of my coffee cards HERE!

I'm sharing with:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

25 comments:

Paper Wishes said...

I love your own sentiment These are all merry and bright cards. I love the red snowflake paper strip on the top card. These would be fantastic cards if you are giving a coffee gift card as a present. You are so good at getting all your cards finished on time- a true inspiration.

Lisa said...

They're both so creative and gorgeous!! I love the designs and the details you added!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful Autumn, I love the chalkboard element and tartan on the first one. The sentiment on the second one is such fun and so clever! Hugs, Anne xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Christmas coffee cards.

Billie A said...

Beautiful cards. I love the stamps, dies, paper, embellishments and everything about your fun cards.

Esther Asbury said...

Gorgeous cards, Autumn! I love the chalkboard look on the first and wow! what a pretty stack of cups! You inspire me!

~amy~ said...

Both of your projects are wonderful! Love your use of colors and elements!

Brenda Brown said...

Superb cards Autumn and love the designs and colours you’ve used. Xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful pair of cards Autumn - love the sup one in particular, and thanks for the hint about smoothing the cut lines
Blessings
Maxine

Marjan said...

Love your cards, especially the one with the stacked cups! Great sentiment too!

ankitag612 said...

Such amazing projects Autumn! I loved the first project and how white and red look so beautiful against black! Also, love how you add a gorgeous distressed edge to your projects. You are a passionate crafter and I love your work. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Kate Yetter said...

Your cards are stunning as always! Each one is unique. That stack of cups is so pretty and the blackboard style coffee etchings is the perfect farmhouse style card. I love them both!!
Kate

Hetty said...

Wonderful festive cards. Always love to see Tim's coffee image on cards.
Both cards are a wonderful design.

Laura S. said...

Wow, you knocked it out of the ballpark, thse cards are so wonderful!

Helen Wallace said...

Inspirational cards Autumn; I may have to scrap lift both of them, as I'm still making cards here - running late, as usual. I'm such a fan of the tartan and the red flowers. TFS

Ellibelle said...

Two amazing creations, Autumn. Beautifully designed with the pretty papers and gorgeous color combos!

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous card!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your creations are always a treat for my eyes, Autumn.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Isn't that card simply amazing Autumn? I love it! And the inside sentiment is super cool and fun!!
You always impress me, thank you for being such an inspiration!

Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again next week!
Have a great Sunday!
x Zoey

Lisa said...

So beautiful! Love that chalkboard look on the first and the second is such a cool design!

Paper Profusion said...

Brilliant cards Autumn. Very clever of you to see that coffee and Christmas can go together wonderfully. Tim's products have such versatility. Have a lovely week. Nicola x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You always bring the max out of your art supplies, Autumn, and always so elegantly and effortlessly!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I came looking for you Autumn as I had not seen you around for so long. Sorry I missed these Coffee cards, always fun and a clever twist to be seen with your designs. I hope you and the family are keeping well? Just wanted to make sure I wished you a blessed Christmas before the day arrived and passed us by.
Have a wonderful day Big Hugs Tracey xx

Paper Profusion said...

I hope you've had a lovely Christmas Autumn. Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and adventure filled 2019. Nicola x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the way you make such good use of your stash Autumn. I'm trying to catch up with what people have been up to as last year was a bit hard for my family but hopefully this will be a better year. Sending hugs, angela xXx

Popular Posts