May 3, 2023

Art by Marlene May Flower Challenge Mixed Media Tags


Hello darlings!  I've been having some creative abandon playtime for the May Flower Challenge by Art by Marlene.  These are projects outside of my normal grungy style and I find it freeing to let loose and try new things this way.  If you're not a member, I'd urge you to join the ABM Creatives Facebook group HERE for lots of inspiration and various challenges.  And make sure to follow me in Instagram for my daily posts @sewpaperpaint.  This tag is for day three, Happiness.  I'm sharing a video tutorial HERE.



The main flower is from Marlene's newest release, ABM-SI-STAMP405.  I colored with Prism Brush Markers.  The stitching is from ABM-ESSTAMP77.  The words "happy happy" are from the blowfish stamp set STAMPBM67.  I created the background by embossing the stencil ABM-OOTW-MASK44 in white and then sponging Distress Oxides in Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade.  I finished with the scalloped washi tape, AMB-SI-WASH08 and a stamped bird from 2022 Advent Calendar.




And here is my day one tag for the Flower Power theme, which I made with Distress Oxides in Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron.  The video tutorial can be found HERE.  



The main flower is from the same stamp set as above, ABM-SI-STAMP405.  The floral border stencil is ABM-SI-MASK185.  And the embossed white foliage and dots are from ABM-BB-STAMP122.  The sentiment here is from a Tim Holtz sticker.



And here is my tag for day two, Pastels.  This video tutorial can be found HERE.  



The main flower is from ABM-BB-STAMP122.  I used aqua glitter embossing powder for the leaves die cut from ABM-SI-CD505 and clear glitter EP for the flower, which add a nice textured sparkle.  The background was done by sponging craft paint through ABM-ES-MASK70, a favorite stencil.  The text is a Studio Light Essential stamp, SL-ES-STAMP369.  I finished with Marlene's Rub-Ons and adhesive pearls by JMA.  


It's not too late for you to play along!  You can share as few or as many projects as you like, just use the hashtag #abmmaychallenge on social media.  I'd love to see your creations if you are inspired by my videos.  xx, Autumn


2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I have been watching your videos on Facebook Autumn, and so enjoying them - you are an inspiration!
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

Definitely happy!

Popular Posts