Aug 18, 2026

Distressed Backgrounds and Specimen Entomology Slides

 


Hey friends!  I'm sharing a couple of cards with you today from the August new release at Creative Worship Stamps.  I was so excited to see this month's release included the Entomology Elements stamps and Specimen Slide dies!  This is a theme I always enjoy.  


I created an couple of inky background panels using Uncharted Mariner, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap and Pine Needles Distress Inks.  For this first card, I repeat stamped one of the butterflies over a panel in Pine Needles to make "patterned paper" then layered with another of the darker papers I had inked.  I cut the Specimen Slides from heavy watercolor paper and inked them, then layered over hymnal paper.  I stamped a sentiment from the Wordfetti Mash-Up stamps inside one of the labels and a different butterfly, which I watercolored - fun!  


My next card uses the same papers and process, with the addition of stamping the Vintage Elements stamps behind the slide.  I layered with the die cut silhouette flower and bird.  


I'm giving away one Entomology Elements stamp set on my Instagram page HERE and hope you will enter to win.  Check out the rest of this month's release at Creative Worship stamps for more inspiration.  xx, Autumn


No comments:

Popular Posts