Oct 5, 2017

Fall Leaves Mixed Media Tags


It's time for a new challenge at Stamps and Stencils and our hostess Toni has chosen the theme Autumn Tags: 'The Season of  Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness'.  She says, "I'd love to see your projects that are inspired by this beautiful season. You may love the rich, warm colours or the shapes of fallen leaves and natural forms. Let us celebrate the wonders to be found around us. The only catch, is that I'd like you to use a tag or several tags, as your substrate. Your tag can be any size or shape and made of any material but it must be a tag. It must also feature some stamping, stenciling or preferably both. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!"


My local friends and I have a swap exchange every couple of months.  Our challenge this time was to use Tim Holtz leaf dies in some manner.  I cut both the Bigz Tattered Leaves and the Fall Foliage Thinlets from watercolor card, focusing on the maple leaves.  I dipped my leaves into my watered ink baths, then sponged the edges lightly for contrast.


For our last exchange we were all challenged to use this Art Anthology stencil.  I completely forgot and made THESE tags instead - ooops!  I decided to use the stencil this round to make up for it.  I first applied my paste then dipped my tags into my ink bath, then sponged the edges of the tags with Frayed Burlap.


I used a bone folder to curl each leaf and arranged them in a bundle.


I stamped this exquisite Verve Stamps scripture on inky scraps. 


My dear friend Anne had sent me THIS fabulous panel and I display it year round near my craft table.  I asked Anne about the acorns and she replied that they were from a strip die by TH, which has been discontinued.  She kindly offered to mail me some cutouts, but (as always) I was under a sharp deadline.  She suggested that I cut some by hand, so that is what I did!


I inked the cutouts with Walnut Stain DI, then coated them with Slap It On and dipped the caps in Distress Glitter.  Hers are so much prettier, but I was still happy.  :)  Next time I will use Glossy Accents to avoid streaks...


I stained ribbon to match then glued my bows to top each tag.  These tags took me about three hours to make and were a lot of fun to work on!  You needn't make FIVE tags to play along with our current challenge.  Just one will do!  Happy stamping, Autumn





36 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Those tags are ADORABLE - love your little selfdesigned acorn embellishment!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a beautiful Psalm to wake up too, surrounded by an array of autumnal beauty. I love your wee acorn and it's glittery top. You obviously enjoyed the whole process of putting this tag together as you have replicated it again and again, perfect gifts for loved ones and friends and an ode to Autumn.
Big hugs Tracey xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful Tag Autumn! Hugs, Valerie

Claire said...

Beautiful tags, you could almost forget your leaves are paper because they look so real. Very pretty x

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn these tags are stunning - love your leaves, they look really realistic, and the scripture is perfect for your tag. Your acorns are exquisite.
Blessings
Maxine

Diana Taylor said...

Beautiful tags - I love the autumn colours, and the inking on the leaves is gorgeous - just like they are starting to dry out and decay - I love it!
Diana x

Marjan said...

Beautiful tags!! The leaves and acorns are wonderful, a great job!!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Beautiful tag using one of my favorite biblical scripture.

Darlene said...

So beautiful Autumn! Your leaves look so real and the overall design is fabulous! Well done my friend!!

Julia Aston said...

I love how your fall leaves curl up off your tag Autumn! The background is beautiful and I love your little hand made acorn! Julia xx

Helen Wallace said...

A lovely custom to exchange tags in a friendship group and yours are truly beautiful. Love the warm, russet tones and the texture with the soft ribbons adding a touch of elegance. Beautiful.

Redanne said...

This is why I love the Autumn season so much, all those glorious colours! Your leaves are stunning and well done on drawing the acorns, you did a brilliant job, they look so realistic! I love that stencilled background too, it is beautiful!

I did forget that Tim also has an acorn Movers and Shapers die, it also has a small pumpkin, so if it is still available you might find it very useful. Hugs, Anne xxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are stunning, Autumn! Such gorgeous details and those bows are divine.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags love the stencilled background and beautiful Autumn leaves-I also love your acorns they look brilliant
Carol x

Susan said...

Gorgeous!! So many neat details.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, what great fun to exchange with your local friends. I would love to see you IRL making a tag like this one. It's amazing, and I absolutely love all the wonderful step-out photos to show the process (and products) you use. This is so gorgeous, and it's such a beautiful verse from the Psalms. It's so true, isn't it? In His time, He will make all things beautiful...forever! Hugs, sweet friend!

Mia said...

Beautiful tags, Autumn. Great colours on the leaves and pretty acorn! Kisses, my friend.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kate Yetter said...

I just love that embossing and those leaves. Gorgeous!
Kate

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness, Autumn! These tags are spectatular on so many levels! First your leaves and acorns are so realistic (Except I've never seen them with glittered caps exactly!), I almost thought at first you used real leaves! The stenciling is oh, my gosh gorgeous and I love your beautiful trademark bows! I think I need a tutorial on bow making! Beautiful fall tags, my friend! Have fun this weekend! Sending big hugs!

Ruth said...

Sooo love the stencil and background...the finished tags are of course Wonderful!! Great sentiment and that ribbon bow...yum but...I love that stencil! Ruth xx

Words and Pictures said...

These are just fantastic, Autumn - the leaves look amazing, I love that stencil, and your hand-drawn acorns are the perfect finishing touch!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous tags Autumn! The harmonious colours are perfect for our October Country View Challenge! Thanks for joining in.xx

rachel said...

wow wow wow - these tags are exquisite - beautiful work! Hugs rachel x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

The bow caught my eyes instantly! I have practiced many times attempting to make that bow with a fork but they don't turn out as pretty as yours :) What I love about autumn are the leaves and acorns. I find your leaves are real and of course such fabulous drawing of acorns turn into glitter; that is so unique. I am sure you swap teammates will cherish your arty work forever Autumn. Such a delight to see your beautiful tags at STAMPlorations October TAGplorations challenge ~ thank you for playing along with us.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

SueC said...

Beautiful collection of tags Autumn ! The little acorn is fantastic. Sue C x

pinky said...

Lovely creation, so much attention to details and gorgeous autumn colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Monika Gulyas said...

Beautiful autumn tags!!! Your acorns are fantastic!!! xx

Sally H said...

beautiful creations for our Autumn themed challenge! Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations this month!

Helen Gullett said...

Those are stunning!

Zelda said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous! Congrats on your win at Rubbernecker:)

brenda said...

Slowly catching up after holidays Autumn so rather belatedly popping in to thank you for sharing your beautiful warm and rich tags with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges. Many thanks for your kind comments when I was away, much appreciated.

B x

Hazel Agnew said...

What a feast Autumn. Love what you have created. Great leaves, love the textured background and the hand drawn acorns...wow. Xx

sannalippert said...

gorgeous tags!!! <3 these - thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations tag challenge :)

Tanja said...

just love the texture, the autumn colors, the fabulous leaves and that beautiful bow - thanks for sharing your project at the TAGplorations Challenge

Linda said...

I love everything about your tag .... the colours and texture look amazing, the leaves look so realistic and I love the beautiful bow. Thank you for playing along with the TAGlorations Challenge xx

Popular Posts