Nov 21, 2018

Tim Holtz Give Thanks Neutral Fall Card


I'm so thankful for you my sweet blog friends!  Here in the US we will be celebrating Thanksgiving Day tomorrow.  It's so hard to believe year's end is on its way.  I wanted to do a neutral card to keep with the current decor trends and this is what I came up with, with so many favorite Tim Holtz products...


I used the Shadow Script #2 die with three layers.  The little banner was hand cut and stamped with a mini alphabet set.  I used one of my favorite stamps, (Botanical &) Batik,  for the background.  I inked it with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, then spritzed it generously with water before stamping. 


I added a handmade flower, dyed with Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap and Dried Marigold.  I used the Tattered Florals die for the flower (tutorial HERE - the only difference is that I curled the inner petals with a skewer).  I tucked in a Tattered Leaves die, which I scraped with DecoArt Crackle Paste and some sisal fibers.  The kraft leaves are from the Garden Greens set.  Simple, I know, but this may be one of my favorite fall cards this year.  Click HERE to see the others.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Hugs, Autumn


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

11 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This really is so calming Autumn with it's gentle colour scheme, a beautiful way to start my day. Wishing you and your family a joyous day tomorrow, a wonderful way to bring everyone dear together, give thanks and celebrate.
I Thank YOU for being my blogging friend and brightening many a day.
Happy Thanksgiving..
Biggest of Hugs Tracey xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Autumn - love the texture you have incorporated, especially the burlap shadow cut behind the thanks
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

It's so stunning!! The texture is amazing!! I love the crackle on the leaf!! The background is beautiful!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CherylQuilts said...

Autumn, this is gorgeous! I love your gorgeous background...wow! And the flower with the leaf is beautiful. Wonderful richness and a great thanks die with the burlap underneath. I love it. Happy Thanksgiving, precious friend. We are so very blessed! Hugs and love! xoxo

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Autumn! I like the perfect background with the stunning foreground leaf and flower. Thanks for sharing your inspiration and happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Redanne said...

Oh how I love this card Autumn! I cannot seem to take my eyes of that stunning flower - it is fabulous! The neutral tones are wonderful too! I hope you and your family have the most wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow - and thank YOU for being a lovely blog friend! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

This is perfect for Thanksgiving. Elegant and Beautiful!
Kate

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous, and love your flower Autumn, - what a stunning make .
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Blessings, Dorthe

Helen Wallace said...

The soft neutrals are so elegant; I've noticed that trend here too this season. Especially like the hessian shadow behind the thanks word.

Marty F said...

I agree with you about this being a favorite - it's just stunning. I love the neutral color palette and your flowers are always amazing...I need to take another look at your tutorial. Love the background, just love this card overall. Gorgeous, my friend!!! Hugs :-)

sarascloset said...

Autumn, this is just spectacular! I love the neutral palette and that crackled leaf paired with that gorgeous frilly flower! Looks like those two great minds are thinking alike again... Hugs!

Popular Posts