Nov 29, 2018

Tim Holtz Winter Watercolor and Festive Overlay


Hi friends, I have a few more Christmas cards to share with you today.  The first two were made with the new Tim Holtz Winter Watercolor stamp set.  I simply used my Stamping Platform and Distress Inks to create identical stamped designs on each panel.  I wish I had made a few more of these!


On a separate scrap I stamped the smallest of the poinsettias and fussy cut it, then used foam tape to give it dimension.  I added a squiggle of Stickles so that it would sparkle a little.  For the background, I simply sponged with Evergreen Bough and flecked repeatedly with water for a snowy effect (taking care to mask the center stamping).  The sentiment is from the Festive Overlay set. 


After drying the sponged panel, I mixed a tiny bit of water with Fired Brick DI and gave the panel a splash.  The Winter Watercolor set is my FAVORITE this year!  Oh how I love it!


For my next card I used an older Tim Holtz embossing folder called Simple Snowflakes.  Thankfully it is still available at Sizzix.com.  I sanded a piece of gold Metallic Kraft Core, then ran it through my machine.


It makes the most wonderful pattern!  It's detailed, but not overly busy.  


For the sentiment, I cut a circle from Tim's Stitched Circle dies and stamped it in Antique Linen DI with the (Mesh &) Linen stamp set.  Then I positioned the sentiment from the Festive Overlays set on the circle and embossed with Bronze EP.   I snipped the edges of the panel (a trick I learned from Jan) and mounted onto a silver kraft core circle cut from the same die.  I bundled a bit of silver thread and adhered a few silver sequins to finish it off.  I didn't even add a mat because the edges were distressed so beautifully!  I really hope you're making time to create this holiday season.  Wishing you joy, Autumn


I'm sharing with:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Autumn these are beautiful - the stamped card is so colourful, and the blue background sets it all off o perfection. The second card is beautifully textured, and I love that tip about snipping the edge of one die and then mounting it over an identical but contrasting coloured one.
Blessings
Maxine

Marjan said...

Beautiful cards, the colours on the fist are one of my favourite colourcombo's!

Paula Cheney said...

both are great cards Autumn! I am always too impatient to cut around that stitched circle die but I can see I should give it a go because that looks wonderful mounted on the silver background!

Nancy said...

Your work is beautiful, and I appreciate your thorough explanations.
Regarding the first item, when you sponged the color on, did you use a natural sponge or one of the little sponge daubers? I would like to create the same effect -- so lovely.

SewPaperPaint said...

Nancy, thank you for the comment. I truly appreciate your remarks. I used a dauber sponge, not a natural one. Best of luck! I find that if I mess up, a spritz of water acts to erase some damage. LOL!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much! I will try it!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs Autumn! LOVE the watercoloring of the stamped foliage and the lovely gold on the 2nd card!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

These are all so lovely Autumn, I could not possibly pick a favourite. The first with their traditional look, why have I never seen this stamp set before. I'm already trying to convince myself I do not need it but the I Love festive stamps side of my brain is telling me other hee hee!!
The snowflake card is amazing, the look of sanded foiled card always leaves an amazing finish. There is always something to treasure when I visit & never a moment that I do not take away a trick or two. THank YOU.
Big warm Hugs Tracey xx

Lisa said...

They are so absolutely stunning, Autumn!! The colors and designs are gorgeous!! Wow!! I love, love them!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, so Pretty, Autumn!! I love the first card. The words with that foliage is just magnificent! And the second look like beautifully textured wallpaper.
Kate

Monika Gulyas said...

Both cards are beautiful!!! But because of the one now I know that I must buy the Winter Watercolor set!!! I love the colours on the first card!!! Big hugs!!!

Brenda Brown said...

These are fabulous cards Autumn, beautiful designs xxx

sarascloset said...

both of your designs are breath taking, Autumn! I do love that watercolor set, but haven't had the time to play with it much. Your colors are so fresh and festive--LOVE! And wow, that snowflake card is AMAZING ! Simple, effective, elegant! I am kicking myself hard for not ordering that overlay set when I had the chance. I'm seeing some wonderful cards made with it, and these are two of the most beautiful! Sending hugs!

Helen Wallace said...

Where to start? Your work is always inspiring and I love everything you've posted here. The gold background is very festive and I love the soft watercolour background on the merry and bright cards. Beautiful work.

Marty F said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are so pretty! I especially love the metallic design - so gorgeous! You are on quite a roll, my friend! Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Autumn! Melt-my-heart merriment in your first set of brightly cheerful creations! Love the red splatter, and your amazing colors! And the 2nd set in gold and silver opulence are beautiful! the pretty sentiment looks completely different on the two styles, doesn't it? hugs, de

Popular Posts