Nov 16, 2015

December Daily 2015 Beginnings

journal cover

Several years ago I became hooked on making junk journals from vintage book covers and two-sided scrapbook paper mixed with vintage greeting cards/ephemera.  I found it a great way to use up scrapbook paper that I was bored with.  I started this December Daily with a collection of Basic Grey paper, which I so loved but had made just about everyone I know on this planet a Christmas card with!  This year I decided I am going to dive back in and complete my journal.  It's been sitting on a little easel on my work table for a couple of weeks so I could ponder what to do with it.  Last night the inspiration hit and I dug out everything Christmas and put all the flaps and pockets and coordinating jewels in place.  I'm all ready for the actual journaling and adding of family pictures.

opening pages

Here is the opening page, not finished, but a great motivator for me to jump in.  All the pretty little journal cards and stickers that are collected when hoarding paper really come in handy with these types of journals.  I have stacks of that stuff, I don't use it in my card making but it comes with the paper stacks so often.  I'm joining the gals at Let's December Daily in this exciting journaling adventure.  I've started a new December Daily Pinterest board with lots of cover ideas and free printables to get you started, won't you join in?

17 comments:

Petra Swart said...

What a great way to use all those scrapbook papers, Autumn!!!!! Your journal looks great!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!!

Becca Cruger said...

This is so coool! I've been wanting to get into journal making and this is exactly the type of thing I'd want to make. Love all the vintage elements!

MaryH said...

What a splendid idea to use your stash dp! Of course I love the front cover!! It's a wonderful way to preserve your Christmas memories for each year! Also a good way to use up the old books...this is so cool. TFS &have a great week. Hope you're enjoying this nice weather we've had the past few days (well, aside from Sunday :-) . Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Autumn this is brilliant such a great use of beautiful papers and embellishments you have done an outstanding job
hugs
lorraine x

Deb said...

Oh my! This looks FABULOUS. Such a wonderful idea. Your opening page/s are amazing. Really looking forward to seeing this progress throughout December.

mandysea said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning - both your cover and your inside cover... I'm so glad you came over to share with us at Let's December Daily! I LOVE anything to do with recycled vintage books!! And certainly know what it feels like to pull out that Christmas stash picking out all the best bits for a Dec Daily! Love it! We'll be looking forward to see how this progresses!!

Jane said...

This looks amazing, can't wait to see how it progresses. Thanks for linking up with Let's December Daily.

Mary Brack said...

Love your journal, Autumn. I, too, like to make journals from old books. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing how you journal on your pages.

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for popping in to say Hello today!!! I always wanted to make one of these...just finding time for it all...sheesh!

brenda said...

Apologies for the absence of visits Autumn, not been too well since hospital and only just creeping back into blogland. Lovely journal pages today.

B x

Pamellia said...

Fabulous journal Autumn! I have only just started collecting patterned papers, but I keep every scrap. This is a great idea for the future on how I can put those scraps to good use!! have a great day, hugs :)

Connie Mercer said...

awesome look and so fun!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, you are so clever, and I love how you've used the papers and stickers and all sorts of things to make such a fun and colorful journal. Beautiful, and what fun! Hugs!

klistersøster said...

Your Christmas journal looks very exciting and a really good idea to use the old Christmas paper. You are always very inspiring
Hugs, Susan

BecM said...

This is stunning!!! I love your use of everything!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the junk journal style - and can't wait to see how this one develops. Very cool cover and opening pages...
Alison x

Mimi said...

Super cute!

Popular Posts