Nov 9, 2015

Nostalgic Christmas Tree Mixed Media Tag

tag 1

Hello friends, today I am sharing my 6th 12 Tags of Christmas with The Funkie Junkie.  I was inspired by Linda's beautiful tree and the corrugated cardboard in her tag.  I embossed a Paperbag Studios tree stamp for my focal image, but so wish I had the stamps Linda used, which you can find in her shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  She has everything you'll need for your mixed media projects!

tag 2

I layered my tree onto a second die cut panel to make it sturdier and add a little shadow.  I've noticed this is how they do the Jolee's dimensional stickers.  I cut two Tim Holtz holly boughs to create the symmetry I loved in Linda's design and mounted it all over a burlap doily, my sweet friend Carol gave to me.   I decided I would make my entire tag from cardboard.  I peeled and peeled away the top layer, then inked it with ochre chalk ink and a little brown Memories ink.  Next I colored it with a white Distress Paint dauber.  I wanted to try the snow technique that Pamellia Johnson of My Little Craft Things uses - so beautiful!  Pamellia uses molding paste, but I wanted to use this huge jar of puff paint that I bought for another technique that didn't quite work out for me.  I applied it and then sprinkled Distress Rock Candy glitter over the wet paint.  So beautiful!  The great thing about using the puff paint is that it dries super fast with a heat tool and the fine tip applicator allowed me to easily create the "icicles" with perfect precision.  YAY!  Getting my $3 worth!  I think this bottle will last a lifetime.  The only caution I'd advise is that it absorbs any Distress Ink underneath - green snow on the holly...

tag 3

I loved the gingham bow Linda added to her tag and had one little strip of this gorgeous zig zag ribbon.  I made a double bow, adding the perfect bit of nostalgia for my country Christmas tag.

tag 4

For the bottom I stamped this awesome sentiment by Stampa Rosa and cut it by hand in this shape.  See the icicles!  I added some jute braid to the bottom and it made the tag have a scalloped like edge.  The Tattered Poinsettia is layered over a Tattered Floral die cut lace flower with some berries glued in behind.

If you'd like to see all of my 12 Tags of Christmas, click HERE

tag 5

I'm linking up to the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas HERE, to Stamping with Loll for her 12 Tags of Christmas HERE, to Happy Little Stampers for their November Mixed Media challenge HERE, and to SSS HERE for their Letter "N" challenge, for which I made this Nostalgic Christmas tag. 

27 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful tag. Love all the elements and pretty bow.

LauraVi said...

Love those holly leaves, great tag!!

Words and Pictures said...

I absolutely love this, Autumn - the natural colour palette, delightful burlap doily. The tree looks lovely on its panel, and the rustic ribbon finishes it off perfectly.
Alison xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Autumn this is so beautiful what amazing detail, I love that tree image also the gingham ribbon.
hugs
lorraine x

Loll said...

Gorgeous country-style tag Autumn. Love all the elements ... especially the colours of your gorgeous stamped tree panel. Fantastic mix of embellishments. Thanks for sharing at my tag event.

Bonnie said...

An awesome tag with so many interesting elements! No need for a gift to go with this!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful tag Autumn - love all the texture and the delightful colours.'
Blessings
Maxine

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow, Autumn, this is gorgeous! Fabulous textures and details! Going back for another look.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! What a beautiful tag! Love all the layers and gorgeous tree! Thanks for the inspiration!

brenda said...

So much lovely texture on one small tag Autumn, wonderful and the gingham ribbon is a perfect compliment.

B x

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Autumn! I love the country cottage feel to this, plaid ribbon...awesome! hugs :)

Vada said...

Outstanding Tag Autumn!!! Very Vintage! Love It..
Hugs V

Pamellia said...

Hi Autumn, I came back for a better look now that I have a bit of time and I have my glasses on! I mentioned the plaid ribbon before and I was thinking on what draws me in about it and I think it's because my Mom uses it a lot when she decorates for the holidays...so I guess your tag takes me home!!!!!!!! I love the vines wrapped around your sentiment and the corrugated cardboard backing really adds a wonderful woodsy feel!! Thanks for the mention, your snow has turned out incredible, brrrrr, I can feel it from here. HAHA!

Thanks for your sweet comment, have a wonderful day! hugs :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, you are just blowing us all away with your Christmas tags! This is gorgeous and amazing! Wow, I love this one today! Hugs1

craftytrog said...

I love this beauty!!! xx

Connie Mercer said...

beautiful work!

Petra Swart said...

Such a lot of lovely elements put together perfectly to create a stunning tag, Autumn!!! Beautiful!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome tag -- Fun sewing on your ribbon too~

Gio said...

This is truly marvellous, the bow is delicious and the flower and the tree, perfectly matched!

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous tag! The detail is absolutely amazing and I love that bow which is the perfect finishing touch ~ stunning! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Lisa Minckler said...

You've nearly rendered me speechless with your interpretation. I can't stop looking at the bold colors, the stitching, the textures, the layout...it's GORGEOUS what you've created here!!!

Yenni Natalia said...

This tag so stunning. Love the unique colour of ribbon :)

Mimi said...

Love all of the details on this one! It looks like you had fun making it! The icicles rock! I love the tattered poinsettia... the paper madness it look like it has crazing! Awesome tag, someone will be happy to receive it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, such a cool tag, Autumn. I love all of the details and texture. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers' 1rst Mixed Media Challenge this month. Melissa - DT

Linda said...

I love this tag ....it's full of fabulous layers and gorgeous textures. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

Carol said...

A gorgeous tag Autumn, love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love the distressed corrugated cardboard and that burlap die cut distressed doily is wonderful too! That tree stamp is fantastic. Your tag came together so beautifully. Lovely work, as always, Autumn. So glad that you are continuing to play along with the challenge.

Hugs,
Linda

Popular Posts