May 3, 2017

Shabby Chic Wedding Card with Doves and Doilies


We have a new Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land today.  You could win a $15 certificate by entering a project made with any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  How fun!  I'm sharing my first card with the fabulous new Tutti Designs Doves and Rings Die.  How exquisite is this die!  I decided to go full on shabby chic and used these wonderfully romantic papers from Maja Design that I won recently - thanks Nancy Dynes!  ;0


I distressed the edges of two panels and layered with the Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Circle die and a Prima doily die, which I cut in half and inked with Milled Lavender Distress Ink.  I cut a second dove from gold card stock and cut out the rings carefully as a highlight.


I finished with a bow from this beautiful hand dyed crinkle ribbon from D.L. Art, which I won in the Coffee Lovers Blog hop - thanks Diana!  I have been so blessed this year!  I decided not to add flowers to this card, but you could certainly arrange a bundle of flowers along the doilies if you wanted to really shabbify this card.  <3  I hope you are inspired to create a project of your own for our challenge.


I'm also sharing with:
MB-May17

23 comments:

sarascloset said...

Just beautiful, Autumn! Congratulations on these two craft goodie wins...you have worked your magic with them, so they couldn't have gone to a more deserving girl! I love what you've done with the new Tutti Designs die--a gorgeous design on this card! You are amazing, my friend! I hope to get caught up with all your wonderful projects soon! Ha! Can it happen? Sending hugs!

Lori Kobular said...

What a gorgeous wedding card! I love that doily and the pretty doves with the gold rings!

ann barnes said...

This is such a beautiful card, I can imagine the receiver treasuring it forever! The doves and rings show so well above those beautiful layers and the ribbon makes it so soft. Lovely!

Sherrie K. said...

Autumn, this is gorgeous! I love the soft colors, beautiful dies (which you showcased so perfectly) it has such a beautiful, delicate look which I love~Amazing design my friend!
Sherrie K

Anne Temple said...

What a beautiful wedding or anniversary card! Love how you highlighted the rings.

Linda Simpson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Autumn!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Autumn, I love, love this!! Shab-tastic!! Shab-tacular!! You have me making up words to describe these beauties!! I love the colors and the sweet doves!! The gold rings are such a perfect touch!! Amazing as always, my sweet friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely!

Tammy said...

Stunning Shabby Chic card! I love the colors, the doilies and doves are gorgeous!
Hugs, Tammy

Georgiana said...

Very pretty! Wonderful colors and patterns.

Marty F said...

This is a beautiful card, Autumn! I love the papers and the colors!! Congrats on your wins, love how you've put everything together. Those doves are beautiful and the gold rings are awesome. Gorgeous ribbon and that's a great doily die. Awesome - hugs!!

cass said...

So pretty, wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Feminine" challenge.

scrappymo! said...

This is a stunning card. The design is superb!

Helen Wallace said...

Maja and shabby chic - a marriage made in Heaven; the perfect combo for your wedding card. The sparkly cupcake birthday card would appeal to any girl, young or old. Lovely work Autumn, thanks for the inspiration.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous card Autumn...Love every bit of it.Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful card Autumn, your design is so elegant and looks perfect with the gorgeous Maja papers.
Julie x

Diane said...

What a great design.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Oooh this is beautiful, what a gorgeous wedding card xx

Jackie PN said...

So beautiful Autumn! Love the doily use-perfect touch!
Jackie xx

Olenkaja said...

This card is just too sweet! I love the image you have used! Well done,my dear Autumn :))

Samra said...

What a beautiful color palette and design Autumn! A wonderful way to use the doily die cut... Thank you for the inspiration my dear.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card !
Love this Tutti Design die , on my wish list !!!
Hugs
Maryvonne

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and die-cuts,love the gorgeous ribbon and congrats on winning it.Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Popular Posts