Oct 9, 2018

Tim Holtz Hello Autumn Funky Foliage and Woodgrain Card


Hi friends!  Today I'm sharing a fall card I made for my sweet friend Madelyn using the Tim Holtz Funky Foliage dies and the 3D Lumber Texture Fade.


As I shared in THIS post and THIS post, I sanded Tim Holtz Kraft Core Cardstock by Core'dinations, then cut and assembled a stash of these precious dies.  I sponged them a little here and there with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


For my wood grain background, I embossed the Lumber 3D folder with kraft cardstock, then dipped in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain and distressed the edges, particularly in the seams of the "wood."


I used the Friendship Script die for my sentiment, paired with some stamping using a $1 alphabet set.  The oval panel was cut from Tim's Stitched Ovals and dipped in Antique Linen Distress Oxide, then stamped with the (Lattice &) Flourish stamp.  What fun!  Wishing you a crafty good time this week...


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful autumnal hues and shapes and a gorgeous wood panel background. A perfect card for this time of year and one I’m sure the recipient will adore xxx

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful! Love the rich autumnal colors you used and a great design!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! The wood grain is fabulous and I love the flowers and mushrooms!! Beautiful colors!! It's so stunning!! You should frame this...it's perfect Fall decor!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Esther Asbury said...

I love this gorgeous fall card, Autumn! That background really looks like a piece of wood -- I think it's the most realistic effect I've seen to date with that embossing folder. Love the bright pops of color in your leaves and flowers, and what an adorable mushroom!!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous textures, Autumn! Your colors make me long for the fresh, crisp air of northern states. Beautiful card! Hugs, de

Kate Yetter said...

So lovely! What a wonderful piece of art, Autumn.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful fall design Autumn! That thick woodgrain is luscious behind your mushrooms and leafage! Great texture and colors with the Coredinations paper! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn, this is so deliciously sweet. Gorgeous. Have a lovely crafty week sweetie xXx

~amy~ said...

This is GORGEOUS.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

sarascloset said...

Love those bright fall colors against the 'wood'! You are tempting me with those dies! Sending hugs!

Paula Cheney said...

so pretty!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a wonderful card, the toadstool is so cute with the flowers. The wood background looks like authentic veneer! You’ve done such a great job on this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous vibrant fun card Autumn - love your funky coloured flowers and leaves, and that amazing background
Blessings
Maxine

Gio said...

So beautiful!! Love the warm feeling and all the texture!

ann barnes said...

so happy I finally made the time to check out all the incredible details for this fantastic make! you are so talented Autumn, thank you for sharing!! hope you are doing well, hugs to you, Ann xxx

Diane said...

Wonderful Fall colors and what a wonderful wooden project.

Hugs Diane

Donna Ellis said...

Sigh... you have such a way of combining texture with color, Autumn! My eyes won't stop looking into every niche for texture and layers! What really grabbed me is the dimension with all those cleverly placed TINIEST OF CUTS, atop OTHER cuts, in order to create Wonder and Depth! For example, your stems, and even more the waffled brown flowers on the golden stems, or the 1/2 cut leaves on top of the other leaves, or the halo'd "hello". They are all beautiful. It reminds me of our autumn, but not with such a riot of color - lots of texture and dry flowers though. All loveliness, Autumn! hugs, de

Popular Posts