Sep 29, 2018

Tim Holtz Pumpkin Patch Thanksgiving Fall Card


Today I'm sharing a compilation card of oldie but goodie Tim Holtz products for this pumpkin patch design.  I find that I've had to be quite creative with coming up with sentiment ideas since I didn't have any fall quotes or dies.  This time I reached for the Shadow Script #2 die and paired it with a tiny stamped banner using $1 bin alphabets.


I shared the 1 minute video below on Instagram (@sewpaperpaint) to show how easy it is to ink up a huge batch of leaves for fall cardmaking.  I used these leaves as the base for my arrangement, then layered with a twig cut from the Fall Foliage leaves set, a crackled Scroll painted with Peeled Paint Distress Paint, a handmade flower from the Tattered Florals die and some sisal fibers.  I shared a tutorial on making flowers HERE if you're interested.



My background was stamped with Tim's (Mesh &) Linen stamp.  I inked it with several colors and repeat stamped it until I was happy.  I spritzed it with water to let it blend a little and help the colors pop.  


The Pumpkin Bigz die was embossed with the Woodgrain Texture Fade and sponged with Vintage Photo.  I added a leaf from the Funky Foliage dies and a loopy bakers twine bow.  I hope you're inspired to play with your goodies and mostly to be thankful today for our many blessings.  So what are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you in the comments.  Hugs, Autumn

Check out my custom curated product guide in the Inlinkz  collection by clicking below:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

15 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Autumn how fabulous this is - love the fall colours you have used and that beautiful stamped background is amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Kate Yetter said...

Autumn, this is the perfect embodiment of fall! I love the colors, that pumpkin, and that stunning foliage. I bet your home is beautifully decorated. You clearly have the skills!
Kate

Marjan said...

Beautiful card with those warm colours and beautiful layering!

Redanne said...

The linen stamped background is perfect for your gorgeous autumnal leaves Autumn - such a beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

Marty F said...

I love your fabulous Fall card, Autumn! The leaves are so pretty and colorful and look amazing with your pumpkin and mesh background. Right now I'm thankful for air conditioning because of the hot Florida temps and humidity. Hugs!!

Words and Pictures said...

I love the linen background and that fabulous gathering of autumnal leaves and twigs. The pumpkin is a great centrepiece.
Alison x

Monika Gulyas said...

Perfectly designed and beautifully made card, Autumn!!! The linen background was a great choice for this autumnal card!!! xx

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I can smell the crisp autumn air, and the scent of hot apple cider while strolling through the pumpkin patch! Fabulous creation, Autumn! XXOO

Connie Mercer said...

Always stunning~

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn, great card. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

Lisa said...

Hello, my friend!! I'm back from vacation and catching up on all I've missed!! This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the leaves!! Perfect for fall!! I scrolled through the projects I missed and they are all absolutely stunning!! I really love the sense of wonder card with the trees and the mushrooms!! So fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Paper Profusion said...

A stunning example of bountiful! Wonderful card Autumn! Nicola x

sarascloset said...

I am thankful for your beautiful inspiration and your friendship, among many, many other things! Gorgeous fall colors on this! Love that linen background, so perfect for the chunky punky! HUgs!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Gosh, I've missed so many of your projects! They're all super inspiring - I drool over all of them, even if I don't comment on each. This one is particularly yummy with your exuberant clustering!

Popular Posts