Jan 19, 2019

Tim Holtz Tattered Butterflies Vintage Card


Hello friends, I'm back today with another card I created for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 die cut launch.  Today's card features the AAAAAH-mazing Tattered Butterflies Bigz die.  I am absolutely CRAZY over this die and cannot wait to use it more.  I love that it is a solid die with lots of space to add mediums, patterns, or showcase a design within the butterfly design.  The two sizes are perfect.  I used the smaller butterfly for this card.  I wanted to make something very vintage and built a base with various Tim Holtz Paper Stash pages, tissue tape and ephemera.


I cut the butterfly three times and inked with Distress Inks, then stamped with one of Tim's text stamps (from Entomology I think) then mounted them together with lots of foam between the layers, curling the wings for extra dimension.  I stitched the top butterfly down the  middle with a zig zag stitch, then repeated the stitching around the card base.


Make sure to check out all of the amazing new dies on Tim's post HERE and visit Sizzix.com to purchase your favorites.  Hugs, Autumn

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

20 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful card Autumn. I have just got this die and can’t wait to create with it. You’ve got me inspired xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Autumn - love your colours, and the butterfly looks so dramatic with all the layers and sponging and the stitching is a fabulous detail!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Love the tattered butterfly, what a beautiful card! I love the colors you chose to showcase the die; I can see the die would be very versatile! I was thinking about ordering the die and think you just "tipped the scales!" Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Art By Wanda said...

So gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellibelle said...

A stunning creation, Autumn. Loving the colors you used and so beautifully designed!

Tamera said...

What a beautiful tattered Card Autumn!! You showcased the butterfly so beautifully!

Cyndi Landrigan said...

This is so gorgeous! Love everything about it!

scrappallino said...

Absolutely gorgeous my friend, I love the choice of cards used for the background, I find it perfect to let the butterflies rest after a great flight!
I love this die, but no, I will be strong and I will not buy other butterflies .... maybe!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

So beautiful and indeed original! Nice to see you posting again Autumn. I've been eyeing that new TH die - thanks for showing me what's possible to achieve with it - wonderful results!

Dorthe said...

So beautiful, Autumn, love the stitching and your colortones , and the butterfly is wonderful.
Hugs, Dorthe

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful die Autumn, you have created a wonderful background to showcase the gorgeous butterfly. I was thrilled to see a Scrap Time video showing this beautiful sample. Hugs, Anne xx

Paper Profusion said...

So beautiful Autumn! Love how your butterfly hovers over the beautiful layers. Nicola x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card Autumn, thanks for sharing it with us. Angela xxx

Helen Gullett said...

I love this vintage butterfly card. Autumn are an inspiration!

sarascloset said...

Love, love, LOVE this card! The colors speak to me, and that butterfly is simply stunning! Your stitching detail is the icing on the cake! Now, I did get this die, and am looking forward to using it. Thank you for the inspiration, dear friend!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do love this card Autumn, those simple central stitches add the most magnificent detail. Less really is more. I'm holding out on this die as I have so many Butterfly die's but i'm sure it will fly into my basket at some point hee hee!!
Thank you so much for sharing another beauty.
Biggest of HUgs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious vintage neutrals to show off that gorgeous tattered butterfly. The layers create great dimension. I've got this one, and now I just need some time to play with it!
Alison x

paperwishesbyamanda said...

This is exquisite Autumn it has the quality of found treasure full of poetry. The colours and patterns you have used work beautifully together. Im sure you will have sent many of us off to create with this inspirational peice. It looks great photographed on the shorthand book. x

Donna Ellis said...

Delightful and unexpected stitching make your beautiful butterfly creation even more magnificent, Autumn! XXOO

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love these beautiful colours , the butterfly (that is still on my list!) loos lovely layers like that! Hugs, Chrisx

Popular Posts