Feb 20, 2019

Wendy Vecchi Make Art Ink Pads and Stamps


Hello sweeties!  I'm back today to share a couple more cards I made with the beautiful new stamp/stencil/die cut sets by Wendy Vecchi for Ranger Ink.  I needed lots of thank you cards for all of the meals and care gifts we've received over the past few months.  The die cuts that are included with this new range of stamps make for easy card assembly, so I was able to whip out these and the other card I shared HERE in one evening.  :)


Honestly, I know NOTHING about flowers, but something about this floral collage made me think of coloring it like a succulent.  Now, here is the latest release of colors.  I chose Peat Moss, Thistle, Sky Blue and Potting Soil Make Art Blendable Dye Inks and tapped them onto my craft mat and used a waterbrush to loosely color the image. Notice how I exceeded the lines so that when it was cut with the coordinating die there was no odd white space.



As a final touch I embossed the A Million Thanks sentiment in gold against a panel sponged with Thistle and added a twine bow.



Next, in efforts to develop a completely different and third color palette, I sponged Peat Moss and Blue Sky on the top and bottom half of a card panel, leaving the center to blend into white.


I sponged the bottom to make the stripes then added a strip of torn book page for my base.  I splashed the panel with water and lifted some of the color away to make a more "textured" background.  Then I used the dye inks on the solid stamps and overstamped with Wendy's Archival Tree Branch ink pad.  I finished with the sentiment in Archival Cornflower Blue.  I love how the Make Art pads work so well with the Archival pads.  Maybe next time I will do a little more mixed media, but for now it was fun to make these simple, layered thank you cards.  Thanks for looking!  <3

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

23 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW these are just gorgeous Autumn! LOVE your colors and design on the first card! So unique and gorgeous! Well done ... awesome inspiration using these new products! YOU GO GIRL!!

Kasia Bogatko said...

Autumn, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm so grateful because I adore your projects, your amazing ideas, your style. Thank you and have a nice day! :*

Marjan said...

This is so beautiful!

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful Autumn, I just love that you coloured the first one like a succulent, such a great idea! Hugs, Anne xxx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Autumn, these are absolutely stunning!! The colors look gorgeous!! The way you colored the first one is so spectacular!! Need these stamps now!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards Autumn, loving those stamps. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

One evening cards are the best...I feel you! LOVE the purple tones from the Thistle...just super gorgeous!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

My comment didn't post before! LOVE these, and especially love the striking Thistle on the first...fab watercoloring too.

txcn363@yahoo.com said...

These are just SOOO lovely!!! I am anxiously waiting for my Wendy sets to arrive...you have definitely inspired me to get them out and ‘Make Art’ (as Wendy likes to say), right away, too!

Brenda Brown said...

Two very beautiful cards for your very caring friends who are going to adore them. I have fallen in love with the first one and the way you have painted it. Stunning work my friend xxx

Mac Mable said...

Autumn how thoughtful of you to make the thank you cards and I am sure they will be appreciated.....They will, I am sure be unexpected and how you have found the time under the circumstances.....You are to be commended x.
The stamped images are fabulous. Love the colour combination and layout on the first card. Yes I don't always like the white around a die cut and you've solved that problem beautifully x. Such a pretty and wonderfully colour combination on your second card.
I have been missing your creativity and inspiration Autumn x

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful cards, Autumn!!!

Kate Yetter said...

These are beautiful! I love the gold lettering on the first card. And the gold outlines on the second. Gold adds a touch of elegance to any project.
Kate

Margaret Mifsud said...

These cards are so beautiful Autumn, your dear friends are going to adore them. I love the colour combinations on both, the first one is my fave! Such a gorgeous stamp and you have certainly done it proud!! hugs xx

sarascloset said...

Beautiful pair of cards, Autumn! The colors on your succulent look amazing, and the ombre background on the second is so perfectly done! It looks like you have had a lot of fun with Wendy's products! I happen to enjoy these 'simple' cards--they are packed with thoughtful and gorgeous details! Hugs!

scrappallino said...

So beautiful and special cards, such a beautiful thought will surely be appreciated!
A big hug!
Stefi

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Love how you have used two different styles a similar techniques, Autumn! In your second card, I especially like the vertically placed printed paper, but it is the watercoloring of that amazing flower spray of the first card that has captured my heart. Such amazing color combinations and great application! Beautifully done! Wishing you a great week-end. Hugs, de

Darnell said...

I don't think I have adjectives sufficient enough to describe how amazing your creations are, Autumn! Sometimes just a loud WOW says it all!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

More beauties for us to delight in showing us how to make the most of those inks and new stamps. I love that thistle colour. You really are amazing not only when you create but taking time out to create for others to give thanks. One in a million and a fabulous friend, they will adore them as much as they do you and the family.
Take good care dear Autumn.. Big HUgs Tracey xx

Ellibelle said...

These are absolutely amazing, Autumn. You have colored the flowers so beautifully and stunning design on both!

Helen Wallace said...

Two beautifully cards Autumn; I'm always inspired by your creativity, the colour choices, the perfect blending and styling...just gorgeous. x

nwilliams6 said...

I have missed visiting you. I always feel so inspired when I do visit! These are wonderfully done and so pretty! Hugz

Betty4 said...

We miss you, hope all is ok. Great cards. xoxoxo

Popular Posts