Feb 25, 2019

MFT, Simon Says and PaperArtsy Cards


Hello friends!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I had a few little spurts of time and worked on a few cards here and there.  Last weekend my friend Carol and I went to our local stamp convention and Top Flight Stamps was there with a huge range of PaperArtsy stamps.  I was more than inspired and pulled out my flower images. 


I already had ELB022 and purchased JOFY063 at the show.  The best part of these cards was that the backgrounds were in my pile from a mini album I was working on that just didn't pan out.  They were made with Distress Oxides a Tim Holtz stencil and stamping from ESA008.  I had scraped some white DecoArt crackle paste over them and splashed them with Glimmer Mist.


All that was left was to color my flower images with Distress Oxides and my waterbrush, then add some floral stamping in the background.  I used a white Uniball pen to add the accents.  The finished cards are 5x7".



Next up was a little CAS play with some new Simon Says Stamps products I got on a recent sale.  The theme for this fortnight's Flickr challenge is Coloring.  I hadn't a chance to use my lovely new Winter Flowers over the holiday so decided to try a spring palette with the poinsettia.  Does it work for you or seem off?  


I used my Christmas gift from DH, a set of Zig Clean Color Brush Markers to color them.  For the background panel I embossed the Love Is background stamp and sponged with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide.  The tiny sentiment is from the Messages for Everyday set.  I won the little bauble stickers on Instagram and was so happy to get to use them! 




Finally I made a card for my youngest son's birthday for the current MFT (My Favorite Things) Stamps Birthday Project - How Old Are You.  I used the darling Stacey Yucula Sweet Holiday Penguins stamps and dies


Again with the Zig markers and a waterbrush for the cute little guy.  The hill die is by Tim Holtz.  I added Stickles to the tops.  The background was sponged with Blueprint Sketch and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide, then flicked with water.  I went back over several of the splashes with more Stickles for extra sparkle. 

And here's the happy birthday boy a few months ago getting his final belt in Tae Kwon Do before his black belt test this spring.  His birthday party was at the gym with tons of kids all playing a huge game of basketball.  Not many pics of the sweaty runners, so this one will suffice.  :)  He was super proud of his Student of the Month accomplishment!  I hope you had a crafty weekend too and look forward to seeing your makes.  Hugs, Autumn



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

29 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks fab, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, I adore the flower one the background is stunning and the colours so eye catching ❤️❤️❤️

Cyndi Landrigan said...

Absolutely fantastic cards! I really love the backgrounds on all of them!! Congrats to your son on his accomplishments too!

Redanne said...

Wow Autumn, a bumper bundle of gorgeousness! All of your cards are beautiful, I love those PA Flowers, the white accents really make the flowers stand out beautifully; the watercolour cards are stunning and your son's card is brilliant. He must have worked so hard to be able to soon take the test for his black belt soon, congratulations to him! Hugs, Anne xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! Such an amazing set of cards Autumn and all of them super gorgeous!! Beautiful colours and wonderfully embellished. Love them all.
Happy Birthday to your son and congratulations on his amazing accomplishments as well. Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Autumn, they are all so stunning!! I love the amazing designs of each one!! The colors are so gorgeous!! I don't know which is my favorite!! I do love the sweet card for your son!! He's adorable and huge congrats to him for getting his final belt before his black belt test!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Autumn! Each of your creations is delightful! Loving little penguin balancing presents— I’ve never seen it before. Your floral masterpieces are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, de

Brenda Brown said...

Great post Autumn and what a fabulous array of beautiful cards. Nikki and I went to a craft show at the weekend too but didn’t buy too much, it was more about the basics than lots of stamps. Huge congratulations to your son on his accomplishments, you must be a very proud Mum. Hope your week is going well cxc

brenda said...

A really bumper post here Autumn from cute cards and your son's achievement, well done to him, my youngest son was the UK Tae Kwon Do champion when he was at University.

And what lovely inky backgrounds and I have a feeling you have used one of my fav techniques inking the stencil to create those lovely circle effects for your pretty floral creations, thanks so much for joining in with our themes at Allsorts, Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

B x

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the mixed media flower cards with all the stamping & washes in the backgrounds!

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE those tulips ... congrats and just one more till black, then nobody better pick on you ... ;-)

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A wonderful selection of cards Autumn and the one that you've entered into our challenge is fabulous. Great stamping, great colours and I love the background too. Thank you for joining us in our 'All Things Bright And BEAUtiful' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

A lovely collection of cards - you're just as good at colouring as you are at mixed media! Happy birthday to junior - he's rocking that belt! xx

Lynne K said...

A wonderful set of cards, Autumn, and the one you've entered for our challenge is my favourite! I love the colours you've used and the way the flowers pop against the gorgeous background. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Mummylade said...

Wow, adorable projects! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Helen Wallace said...

An eclectic bundle of cards with something for everyone. My personal faves are the first two; there's something about the muted tones and those previously rejected backgrounds which really speak to me. I love the spring touch on the middle card and what fun are the boy's cards to finish off. You are a versatile and talented artist. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh wow Autumn how did I miss this post, what a huge collection you have shared with us all. I love how you was able to recycle those papers and create your paperartsy card, each time we create in this way we can give ourselves a pat on the back and say "See we really do need a scraps stash" hee hee!!
I love how you turned the season with your Zig's they are clever little pens so bright and cheery, just like your Son's sweet Birthday card, I hope he had an extra special day.
Big Hugs for the weekend & have a Blessed Sunday Tracey xx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a totally enjoyable collection of cards! I loved seeing how different each one was. It's a true tribute to your versatility as an artist! I especially like how you created that rustic/grungy background with those whimsical-looking flowers on the first cards. Thanks so much for continuing to share your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Kate Yetter said...

Your cards are beautiful, Autumn! I am loving the spring theme here with those gorgeous flowers and colors.
Kate

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Wow, what a fab selection of projects...I must say though my fave is the first one, I love the distress oxide look! Happy Birthday to your son, I'm sure he loved his card!!
Hugs D xxx

Jackie PN said...

Your cards are always so diverse and beautiful Autumn! IS there a style you can not make? LOL
Thank you so much for your sweet kind words, I miss you all as well and hope to be back soon!
Meantime, that son of yours is a doll! Tell him congratulations, he should be proud!
love and hugs,my friend,Jackie xx

Mac Mable said...

Sorry I am late posting Autumn but I was sure I had commented...apparently not I had read it, enjoyed it and then not commented!
The paperartsy cards are fabulous, just right up my street. Great stamping and the most fabulous colours and techniques x. Love the pretty CAS card, so fresh and so very pretty x. Your son's card is adorable and clearly made with love x. Thank you for sharing the photo of your Son and you must be so very proud of him and congratulations on getting the student of the month....What a wonderful achievement x.

sarascloset said...

So happy to finally catch up with some of my favorite blogs this morning! Your cards are so beautiful and inspiring, Autumn! I really love those backgrounds on the first two! Wow! Your coloring on the poinsettia card is gorgeous, and I don't think it's 'off' one bit! Very fresh and springlike! And how sweet is that penguin! Happy belated to your youngest! Enjoy him while he's young! Sending love and hugs!

lynda said...

I came over from SSS Monday Challenge to get a closer look at your card. It really is cool! I have to tell you that I noticed your link to the mini album challenge site. I am so glad to find this because I'd love to enter sometime. I so enjoy making them.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards Autumn! I love how you turned the poinsettia into a Spring flower! Congratulations to your son! Hugs,Chrisx

sarascloset said...

Hey girlfriend! Congrats on the Spotlight at SSS! So well deserved! Hope you are finding a bit of time to craft these days...Huge hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful cards, techniques, and ideas, Autumn. Congrats to your talented and cute Son, too! Many hugz!

Diane said...

Lovely set of card designs Autumn. What an adorable picture of your son and congratulations to him getting his final belt.

Hugs Diane

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Autumn, your cards are just gorgeous and I'm so happy your son had a great birthday, sounds like fun! xoxo

Popular Posts