May 26, 2020

Tracy Evans Stamped Circle Canvas Collage


Hi friends!  I had a wonderful holiday weekend playing along in an online class with Tracy Evans and her fabulous AALL & Create stamps.  Tracy shared the steps to make her glorious grey and yellow silhouette canvas and I played along in a blue and green colorway with the butterfly stamp from her Time Flies stamp set


When Tracy announced the class I was excited to find a circle canvas on which to work, but couldn't seem to find any online for a reasonable price.  Some members of the class group ordered cake boards, but I wanted something more sturdy, so I chose circular wooden cutouts I found HERE on amazon in a ten-pack.

 

I gessoed my circle board and worked directly onto it.  I loved using it as a substrate because it was nice and smooth.


I used some beautiful scripture lists from an old hymnal and one of my Papa Harold's old keys.  I didn't have the right sized embroidery hoop, so I stapled on a jute loop.


I embossed one of Tracy's stamp sentiments onto a scrap of inky card in white and layered with black washi tape.  My favorite part was adding the old dried up paintbrush.  It was super fun taking this class and you can still sign up by contacting Tracy, though it wouldn't be live.  I'm already signed up for her next class in two weeks!  :)  I hope you're finding something fun to fill your days.  Hugs, Autumn






I'm sharing with:

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I am so thrilled that you join in my workshops Autumn, thank you .

There is something about these colours that I find so pleasing, every time I see them I love them and the added twine really brings it all together, adding texture and the perfect spotlight.

Love the key and paintbrush too.

Thanks for all your endless support.

😘😘

Becca Sadler said...

Your mixed media project is amazing!!! I love complicated paper-crafting and mixed media projects! To me it is such a scientific kind of engineering combined with artsy resourcefulness to see how much can be layered and clustered together in a way that looks purposeful!!! Splendid circle board!

kiwimeskreations said...

this is beautiful Autumn - love how you improvised and made this very much your 'own'. That jute circle is a great adaptation
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

atouscrap said...

I like your style. Beautiful project.

Nora Noll said...

This is BREATHTAKING!!! I LOVE all the gorgeous layers!!!

Ellibelle said...

This turned out absolutely stunning! Such great details and colors! Thanks for sharing!
Ellibelle's Corner

Skylark said...

Beautiful colours and some lovely added textural elements too. Lovely piece Autumn! Thanks ~ Stef

Scrapping Queen said...

Wow! Just stunning!! I am in love with this card and your style!! Thanks for sharing!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is just gorgeous, Autumn. I love the colour palette and the twine, and the stamp choice (a set which I also have!). It's lovely to share the Tracy classes with you!

Lucy x

Popular Posts