Dec 2, 2021

Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps Woodland Christmas Cards

 

 

Hello friends and happy December!  I'm delighted to be joining Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps as a guest designer in December.  I've had such fun playing with these stamps for some simple Christmas cards.  First, I used the Scene Silhouettes: Woodland set to stamp in white on a black cardstock panel, then rubbed over it with chalk for a chalkboard stamping effect.  I know there are other ways, but I find it easy just to use white EP and chalk, easy peasy.  I stamped the Texture Tiles plaid background set in black onto red cardstock for a bold look and added a sentiment from the Christmas Wordfetti set.  I ADORE this sentiment set and stamped the whole panel at once to have a stash of sentiments ready for my next project. 



 
I think I had the most fun stamping this background.  I've been drooling over the Pinecone Background stamp since it was first released.  It's a perfect 6x6 size.  I added it to my stamp platform and used Distress Ink Pads to stamp different colors at a time with a light spritz of water between stamping.  This way I was able to build up various shades of greens and browns.  When I was happy with the panel, I added some loose watercolor to the pine cones themselves for a richer look.  I paired with a sentiment from the Best Gift Ever set, I just love that phrase!
 


I'm so into plaids, y'all just don't know.  So I had to make one more buffalo check project.  I used the above mentioned Texture Tiles stamp set for my background.   I used a sentiment from the O Holy Night set and added some twine, and punched spray. 


 
For my final project I had fun with ink sponging to make a wintry nighttime scene.  I used torn paper as a mask to sponge the snowy hills I then gave everything a generous splash of water and blotted the droplets to remove some of the Distress Ink.  I stamped the images from the Scene Silhouettes: Woodland set and doodled in the branch with a "flowy" black ink pen.  I added a little shading beneath the creatures with watery black.  Then I went in with a white Posca paint pen and added highlights to the hills, snowy piles to the branch and dots of falling snow randomly across the entire panel.  I finished with one of my leftover stamped sentiments from the Christmas Wordfetti set.  I could sit all day and stamp these types of scenes.  It's really enjoyable!  I've been completely inspired by the work of Lisa Taggart on YouTube.  If you're interested, make sure to check her out.  And please take a moment to visit the Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps website to view the entire line of gorgeous stamps!  xx, Autumn
 
 

 
 
 


8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous cards Autumn, love them all. Have a great week, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful selection of cards and stamps love them all and your plaid/gingham papers
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

Your cards just kept getting better and better as I scrolled down Autumn - I love them all. S'n'S do make some wonderful stamps, and you have showcased them beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Marjan said...

Hi Autumn, so nice to see you visited my blog, thank you for the lovely comments. Ofcourse I want to have a look at what you have been up to!
Wow! i love your style, so bold and striking! I especially LOVE the last card with the beautiful winterscene!! So very creative!

Theresa said...

fun and cute cards. love the animal silhouettes and how you paired them with the backgrounds. thanks as always for sharing.

wannabcre8tive said...

All of the cards are beautiful. I thought the plaids were designer paper. Great background stamps. Thanks for sharing.

craftytrog said...

You create such beautiful cards Autumn!
Have a lovely weekend.
Alison

brenda said...

Looks like you've been having great fun Autumn, such a super selection of seasonal creations.

B x

Popular Posts