Aug 25, 2022

Vintage Style Junk Journal Diary Video

 

Hi friends!  I'm happy to share a new junk journal with you today, one that I worked on since last November and finally finished for my dear friend Barbara.  This journal was made with an old Reader's Digest cover and an added cloth spine.  It features four signatures of handmade and vintage paper and a few sheets of double sided scrapbook paper. 

I added lots of free printables, many of which you can find on my Pinterest printable board HERE.  I added vintage ephemera and some crocheted lace along the edge.  I'm sharing a flip through on my YouTube channel HERE.  I'm celebrating hitting the 500 subscribers mark this week and I hope you will subscribe to see more videos in the future.


My fabric spine turned out way too thick and I talk about how I worked with that in the video.  I hope it gives you some ideas.

I used as much "junk" as possible, including this linens label and an old notebook page from my mom's mixed tape notebook from the 80's.  Ha! 

This page has a waxed paper bread package sewn on to make a pocket.  Fun!

And here I've stamped onto a huge teabag.

My friend loves to visit the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina, so I added some fancy castle flaps for her to tuck some memory tickets and ephemera beneath. 

 
The page above has a cool mini bag from my friend Teresa when I went to Texas and the page below has a handmade envelope from my other friend Theresa.  Love that cheetah print!
 

There are tons more pages and you can see them all in the video.  I hope this has inspired you to persevere in making your own journal, no matter how large the spine!  Ha ha.  Hugs, Autumn


4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Autumn, love it! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

buggin2stamp said...

What a beautiful journal. The 80's tape list is funny. I'm sure I've made some of them since I'm an 80's teen. Should have kept them. LOL! I've made a few junk journals so far. It's been a while since I've made one. I plan to take some supplies on my cabin trip in 2 weeks and spend some craft time making some Autumn journals. I am soooo ready for Autumn. Oh and congrats on 500 subscribers. Off to check out your channel now.
Melissa

Theresa said...

Love your journal. glad my envelope fit in. Having surgery Sep 1. keep your fingers crossed that everything goes okay. thanks as always for sharing.

Gloria L said...

Going to have to look through this a few more times!

Popular Posts