Oct 18, 2023

Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps Christmas Cards

 


Hi friends!  I'm back to share part two of my projects for my guest designer stint with Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps this October.  For today's first project I have a pair of shaker cards made with the gorgeous new Pine stamp & die bundle.  I'm really excited about the addition of these dies and how well they add dimension.  


I created some inky backgrounds by dipping two bristol panels in watery Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.  This warmed up the white just a little and left some good ink drops here and there.  Next, I used Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs to ink each pine bough, then off stamped, then spritzed with water for very faint images in my background.


I then used my stamp platform to restamp the images in the same colors multiple times, with much less water spritzing for my focal pieces.  I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  On the pinecones, I used a little extra ink to watercolor and fill in the images.  On the center of each of my background panels, I stamped the gorgeous hymn from the Best Gift Ever sentiment set.  Finally, I cut some square frames from kraft card to finish the shakers.  I gave each card a splash of white watery gesso and a loopy baker's twine bow.  I'll share a video on Instagram so you can see these shakers in action @sewpaperpaint.  



For my next card, I created a faux snow globe by cutting a circle from kraft card and layering over a rectangle with the top corners snipped off.  I edged the black in gold ink to help it pop.  Inside I stamped the bear from the Woodland Scene Silhouettes.  I just love him!  I added some watercolor with Black Soot Distress Ink to ground him.  I layered a sentiment from the O Holy Night set and a loopy twine bow.  


For my background, I used the incredibly cozy new Knit background stamp.  I clear embossed it onto red card, then sponged the edges with Black Soot and gave everything a splash of watery gesso.  


For my last card this month, I used one of my very favorite old sets, We Three Kings.  I embossed it on a black panel and gave it a splash of Finetec gold metallic watercolors.  These are highly pigmented watercolors.  I used Staz On to stamp the sentiment onto gold card.  For my background I used the newly released Large Snowflakes background stamp.  I embossed it in gold onto silver card, then splashed with black gesso.  I hope these cards have inspired you today.  Find more inspiration in my previous posts HERE.  xx, Autumn


More beautiful products used:







2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Autumn these are stunning cards - love how you always manage to come up with new ways to use existing stamps, as well as using the new releases.
Blessings
Maxine

Gloria L said...

All I can say is, Sweet 'N Sassy is lucky to have you! Love the techniques in the Joy to the World cards.

Popular Posts