Aug 6, 2015

Get Texty with It Card for MMMC

card 1
We're getting texty with it over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and I decided to use what is commonly now referred to as ink smooshing - but something we've done for years without a name!  I printed this cool sentiment and puddled this ink onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and rubbed my paper around in it.  Then cut out the word strips after they were dried. 
ink

card 2
 I glued them to this treasured vintage Basic Grey paper with a stamped tree and sticker letters.
card 3
I added some fibers (yes going old school on y'all) and a heart tag and brads.
card 4
I hope you've enjoyed seeing this card, made with love.  I'm linking up to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge  Get Texty HERE.

5 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this!!!! (Thanks for coming by my blog for my Ellen giveaway!!)

I am not sure if you are interested in Christmas cards... I have a card up on a challenge that I am really trying to have Mixed Media artist play along with!!!!
http://musechristmasvisions.blogspot.ca/2015/08/muse-christmasvisions-14.html

Love your work!
-Kimberly Wiener

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so fabulous! Love that sentiment and the fibers and tag are so cool.

Donna B. said...

Awesome mixed media card with a lovely sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

What a stunning card :)Love you use of text and the beautiful bird.
Best wishes,Nessa xxx

Rachel said...

i swear fibers n such are making a come back! :) gorgeous card and really love the sentiment. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Popular Posts