Aug 17, 2015

Studio on the Go Journaling at the Beach

journal page
I was so blessed to be able to create some new journal pages while we were in Edisto last week.  This was the view of the coastal marsh behind our place.
edisto 5
Alligators and turtles roaming freely, along with happy little children on bicycles...
edisto 6
The turtles loved to line up on that lone fallen tree.
edisto 1
I promptly set up my little studio on the patio.
edisto 2
I tried to take very little, so my on the go art kit included a bag of stencils, a bag of inks and sprays, and a small container of paints and gesso with a couple of brushes.  Coffee is always included in my art kit!  ;0
edisto 4
The first day I woke up at 6:30 and spent several hours just pouring paint onto my file folder journal. 
Edisto
The rest of the time we spent in the pool or here, just being happy.  What a lovely week...  I came home last night and worked on finishing my pages from the beach and will be sharing them with you just as soon as I can get some photography done.
journal page 2
This is the only page I finished at the beach.  The feather and stripes are stencils I made.  I had a happy accident while making these pages.  I had some florescent paint from the 90's - yeah I'm old! - and it had almost congealed.  So I used it as stencil paste and slathered it onto my pages.  It was neon yellow, but turned a cool shade of yellow-green when it dried.  (Don't look too hard or you might find a mosquito dried in there!)  Thanks for stopping by, hope you feel more relaxed now just looking at these images.  :)  I'm linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Citrus with a Twist HERE.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wonderful page! And what a beautiful scenery to create in! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, such beautiful colours - what a wonderful location to create in.
Pauline
x

Michelle said...

Love your creative use of paint. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Lagene said...

Cool creation, congrats on your win at SSS!

Popular Posts