Aug 9, 2015

Verve August Week One Card Sketch Mint and Gold

card 1
For the August Week One Verve Challenge, I was inspired by my daughter's sweet 16 color scheme, mint and gold.
 sketch
card 2
 I stamped this beautiful Grace sentiment in a new ink pad, Tree Branch by Wendy Vecche for Archival Ink by Ranger.  This is one more beautiful color!!!  I am going to using it on everything.  It is perfect for a soft, earthy brown that compliments kraft.
card 3
 I tried to follow the sketch, but had to elongate my layering to cover up an image of the Eiffel on this MME paper!  I also kept the strip across rectangular because it just looked better.  It is washi tape from AC Moore.
card 4
 I distressed my edges and finished off the tag with a flower and some vintage seam binding lace.
card 5
The colors in the photo just don't do this card justice.  I'm linking up to the Viva la Verve Challenge HERE.  Hope you like it, Julee!  I just love your stamps!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Absolutely love that Verve stamp and the mint and gold color combination is gorgeous!

mixamatoasties said...

That is beautiful! I love the colour scheme and the verse.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog :)

Susan xx

Faye said...

How gorgeous! I love the flower. And the color scheme is so yummy! You did a terrific job on this card.

Linda Manning Findley said...

wonderful card but I can't believe she is 16 ... seem like such a short time ago she wasn't even a preteen here in TX

Becca Cruger said...

Oh, this is SO soft and lovely! Very elegant with those pastel tones and the lace. Gorgeous make!

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous soft colours, Autumn ... so elegant, feminine and pretty ... the touch of gold is fabulous! Anita :)

Susan (rainy) said...

So shabby and chic!! What a gorgeous vintage creation. Beautiful.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, this is gorgeous and so shabby chic!!! Ooh, I love it! And I just love the Plain Janes from Verve, and this is one of my favorites! What a beautiful card you've made, and I love the flower you made along with the vintage seam-binding bow! Gorgeous!! Hugs!

Linda Simmons said...

Lovely card, sweet baby! Why don't you have your own magazine? ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the combo of the lace with the gold accents. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Popular Posts